Chapter 23

[Please re-read Chapter 22 as it has been majorly edited and then continue with Chapter 23]

CHAPTER 23

After another lack-of-sleep night, I went to University for all my study but Ashton didn't show up. I had thought that we could go to the library and work sometime in University as well but no, he is too busy probably sleeping after ruining my night. Not wanting to waste the time for my free classes I went to the library and I must, it's the first time I am seeing it so full. I quickly found the book I was looking for and since no table was available in the corner, I decided to take the middle seat.

Nerds prefer corner.

Hence proved.

I was going through making pointers when a book was placed in front of me with a loud thud that almost made me shudder.

In a quiet library, every minute sound echoes and this was an intentional force applied to gain my attention. So you can imagine how loud it was and it seems like not just mine but everyone's attention was now on us.

Some probably cursing for disturbing them.

Still recovering from the shock I looked up to see Emily standing with an annoyed face.

"Emily..."

"Ever since you found a new friend, you are least bothered about me."

"New friend?" I asked in confusion as she sat down in front of me.

"Don't play innocent in front of me."

"Emily...what are you talking about?"

"You and Ashton. Seriously? You can forget me for Ashton?" She complained and I sighed.

"Don't be worried. We aren't friends."

"Really? Tell me something new."

"We are just acquaintances who happened to be the project partners."

"Acquaintances...I see... " She nodded playfully.

"Yes."

"But acquaintances don't talk about each other's favourites."

"What are you talking about?" I asked and she smirked.

"You'll eventually know." She said playfully and I rolled my eyes.

Again!

Again, I used Ashton's trait!

"How're your projects by the way?"

"Going smoothly I guess I can say that." She said and I shook my head.

We both sat and continued to work. Jessica was in her class but she too joined us for the second free class.

Once the college ended, like usual Emily dropped me to my dorms and as soon as I entered my room and went in, I heard a knock on my door. Somewhere I knew it was Ashton and I like punctual people but his punctuality is getting onto my nerve.

Can't he be like an hour late?

I could have changed, had my food and even could have taken a nap but no he is desperate to finish the project.

I opened the door to see Ashton standing holding his food and behind him was a guy holding some boxes. He turned to the man and ordered him something in his thick British accent for which I was too tired to figure out but I guess he said to keep the things he was holding in, because that guy, who was probably of our age kept the boxes in. Ashton walked in and kept his food, in the brown paper bag on my study desk.