Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

The first day in the university was concluded to be just average. I made few friends but I also made an enemy in the form of a tall, white guy with brown hair and not to forget blue eyes, named Ashton White.

Once the University ended, I came back to my dorms again walking those 1.6 miles. I so wished I have my motorbike by beloved Scooty with me here. Even though Emily offered me a ride but I declined. It was just the first day of our friendship and I didn't want to throw my baggage on her just on the name of friendship.

When I reached, I was so tired that I decided to sleep after lunch. But as soon as I reach the cafeteria, my appetite died seeing beef steak. It's not like I don't eat non-vegetarian food, it's just that we are prohibited from eating beef.

Our sweet innocent holy cows.

Never eat beef even if you have to fast that day.

My mother's rule came into my head and I huffed ignoring the lunch. Not having anything more in options, I settled for two brownies and apple juice for lunch. It's better than having an empty violent stomach.

I came back to the room and slept for almost 2 hours and when I got up, I decided to go out for job hunting, but I don't know how. I hadn't made any friend in the dorms yet, to whom I could ask.

But I need to find a job and I need to find the way as well. I quickly freshen myself up and debated on what to wear. Although it doesn't matter as I have to wear a jumper over anything but then I am going for a job hunt and I need to look presentable.

Wearing a jumper on a sunny day and smiling as idiots enrol you for a weird person's list.

That arrogant jerks word echoed in my head. I quickly grabbed my a new full-length sleeved top and ditched the jumper. I then grabbed my papers that included my CV, my marksheets of 10th and 12th grade, my graduation mark sheet and my IELTS score to prove I can speak English as well, and kept them in my folder.

After whatever happened today in the University, I had begun to doubt my English speaking capabilities although I know I can speak fine. But seeds of doubt is already sown, thanks to Ashton White, that now I have started doubting my abilities. I scoffed thinking how they made fun of my language and accent.

I locked my door and checked it twice. My floor was vacant and made my way to the elevator. The elevator too was vacant and I hit the button to reach the ground floor. I looked around and was really glad to see the elevators were spotless. Unlike India, I can't see even a speck of single dirt or litter or anything in that elevator.

Yes, I won't unnecessarily brag about India even though it's my country. Out of 10, you might find 6 public places dirty.

I hear the elevator ding and as I stepped out, I saw Eveleigh sitting behind her desktop. I gave her a small smile which she returned back.

"Going somewhere?" She asked and I nodded.

"I have to look up for some part-time job." I said and she nodded which made her beautiful auburn hair bounce.

"Do you have any idea where I can fill in for the jobs? I have no clue how to apply for jobs here?" I admitted walking up to her desk. She was wearing a peach-coloured blouse and black pencil skirt and as usual, looked beautiful.

"It's really easy. Upload your CV to any employment website like indeed and then you can look up for some job which is suitable for you." She informed.

"But it will take time, I want it quick." I said.

"Show me the papers you have, I can tell where you should apply." She gestured to my folder and I handed it to her. She looked over my paper, flipping them over, slightly amused.