Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Next day when I reached University, I was excited to meet Emily and Jessica but at the same time, I prayed I don't have to see Ashton White. I was waiting for them in my class as they were with me in this class and not long after they both arrived much earlier than usual.

"Hi..." Emily shouted as soon as she spotted me.

"Hi." I smiled and they both came towards my desk.

"You both are early?" I said looking at the wristwatch.

"We don't get much time to spend with you." Jessica said sitting on the table.

"Thanks to Ashton." Emily rolled her eyes and I stayed quiet.

"So where did you go yesterday?" Jessica asked.

"We had to go to the museum but I was late from University so we just decided to go a shopping mall and after to some diner."

"Told you we could drop you but no you have to walk." Emily says dramatically.

"It's really okay..." I told her.

"What about tomorrow? What are you doing tomorrow?" Jessica asked.

"I will start working from tomorrow."

"Oh yes...what was the name..." Emily tried to recall.

"Delhi Swaad." I helped her.

"Oh yes...but what time will you be free?" She questioned.

"I don't know. It will be my first day."

"Okay...what about joining us to the club on Sunday?" She asked.

"Oh yes that would be fun." Jessica piped in.

"Oh N-No...I mean I have work." I tried to dodge.

"So work...who is stopping you from working?" Emily shrugged.

"Exactly...just come to the club after that." Jessica suggested.

"But I don't think..."

"If you are thinking about Ashton then trust me you won't be able to see him." Emily said.

"It's not about him." I half-lied.

"Then?"

"I don't know when my shift will end. The owner said that on weekends the restaurant is pretty crowded." I told them.

"Oh..." Jessica said finally understanding my point.

"What if we come to your restaurant? I have never tasted Indian food in my life. You are here maybe I have a chance now." Emily suggested.

"Yeah...even I never had Indian food but I have heard it's very good and spicy." Jessica added.

"Sure...what can be better than that?" I said with excitement. I would be so good to have my friends at my workplace.

"Tyler once had Indian food somewhere and he blabbered about it for almost a month." Emily told us.

"What's the speciality of it?" Jessica asked me.

"Curries...I guess...seriously I never valued Indian cuisine before coming here." I admitted and they chuckled.

"I just hope I don't get only vegan food because that's something I just can't tolerate." Emily said rolling her eyes.

"Vegan food isn't that bad. One day I'll make vegan food for you." I told her and they made gagging faces.

"No way. I can't eat leaves only if it's the only thing left for my survival." She said and Jessica giggled. We saw the class filling and not even seconds later the bell rang.