Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I was pacing in the entire classroom trying to remember everything in the presentation but seems like I can't even recall the first word without looking at the papers.

"If you are done with your morning walk, can I go?" Ashton asked and I stopped to shoot a glare at him. We had managed to find an empty classroom so that we can practice but as usual Ashton is in no mood to co-operate.

So here we were, me practising and Ashton to pick out my mistake which was so far due to our different accents but it was way harder than I expected it to be.

"This isn't going the way I planned and you are not being helpful." I said in exasperation and began pacing again. I had never been this clammy my entire life, then I am right now.

"I am not fulfilling your absurd demands of rehearsing."

"Just once, we both know what we have to say, why not just practice it out once and work up on our execution...please."

"We already did twice."

"Just last time...how can you be so calm about it?"

"I bet you don't want to know." He smirked making me groan in annoyance.

"Ashton please...you hadn't been much of help earlier please be a little co-operative now."

"I am sitting here watching your grotesque face is not just my contribution but also my co-operation in this project."

"You know we aren't getting marks for how much time we spent together."

"Yeah but it at least gave me satisfaction that I kept my eye on you and prevented you from fucking this up." He said and I rolled my eyes and began pacing again but then stopped again.

"Do you at least remember what you have to say." I enquired.

"I don't know about the presentation but I have a lot of adjectives to describe you."

"Ashton I am serious."

"And I was serious when I said dress appropriately but you always have to dress like a minger." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What's wrong in this?" I asked looking at my black jeans and a white shirt.

"They are just bad."

"They are conservative." And not giving him any chance to speak I continued pacing remembering my presentation. I huffed loudly as I missed some line and I saw Ashton rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Fuck this...I am out of here. " He said and I got up.

"Where are you going? You aren't going anywhere until we are sorted with this. What happens if I forget a line or something but no you have to act like a jerk and don't want to practice. Do you realize how difficult it is for me to stand there in front of so many students who don't understand me properly, laugh at my accent and probably say things about my appearance just because I am not accustomed to this country's weather but no...you have to be an idiot all the time." I rambled and he kept staring me.

"It's going to be alright you are just making a big deal of it nothing. You have this..."

"Speak slowly." I said and he frowned.

"What?"

"Your so-called thick British accent bounces over my head and I am not in a mood to concentrate on your accent. So just speak slowly."

"Umm...look...it's going to be alright. I have it all covered." He drawled and I looked at him incredulously. And at the very wrong time, the bell rang.