Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

With a sore throat and mild headache, I was sprinting towards my classroom. The hallway was pretty much empty not because I was early but I was so late that almost everyone is in the classroom already. But it's a little difficult to run in winter wears. Now the question, why I am in my winter wears in May? Because it's 18 degrees for God's sake here in London. Everyone is enjoying calling it pleasant and sunny but for me it's cold.

In India, our winters are around the same temperatures and summers, well they can grill you alive. And I am really not exaggerating, it's really cold and I can't imagine myself in the real winters. One night, just one night I didn't wear enough warm clothes and that was the night at Emily's and I here I am with a sore throat.

For me, every passing day is getting colder and colder and too my bad luck, there was some problem in my room heaters. Cons of living in a cheaper dorm. Although I have complained about them, they aren't taking any actions because it's just summer time and you don't need room heaters in summers.

Do you?

It's Tuesday today and I woke up late. Honestly, I don't feel like going to University today. It's cold and I just want to snuggle on my bed but I couldn't. I am a student who always had 100% attendance even in college and that part of me wouldn't let me skip my University even when I am not feeling good.

So let me tell you what exactly happened and how I fell this way. On Sunday after my work, Emily and Jessica decided to come over at my dorms. The guys had gone to a club and neither Emily nor Jessica wanted to have a hangover on Monday so they came here. They also met Eveleigh and they mingled quite well. After finishing off her shift, all four of us hung out together in my room. It was a great night. They stayed quite long until Noah decided to call his sister for picking them up. They dropped Eveleigh home and went to which club the guys went to. None of guys showed up to the University the next day and honestly, that was the best day of my university so far. A day where I didn't have any awkward movement or didn't have to avoid someone but I made the stupidest decision of my life on this day too.

Monday morning when I went to take the bath, I wasn't surprised when the hot water didn't come out of the shower. Another con of living in cheap dorms. Eveleigh had told me once everyone showers on Sunday and some even take extra time on Sunday so the water tank gets empty. It had happened to me once before and this time I wasn't going to waste my time for the water to fill the tank and then get heated. Instead, I decided to shift my morning to shower to an evening shower. Also, I thought that I took a very long shower on Sunday and I think I'll be fine but I wasn't.

After coming back I took the shower which I promised myself to take in the evening but that didn't go well as when I woke up today could feel my slight headache, sore throat and a runny and over sensitive nose. I felt like sleeping more but unwillingly I got up and got ready and here I am running late for my class.

It's my Advanced Statistic class for which I know wouldn't be much filled and if Mr William is already in the class then I am in trouble. I quickly ran climbed up the stair as my class was on the second floor but as I reached the top I bumped into someone who was coming down. It was a head-on collision and a strong one which made me fall on my hips making me scowl.

"I am sorry." I said apologetically even though it wasn't entirely my fault.

"I knew you don't have brain...but you don't have eyes as well. " A heard the familiar ever-annoyed voice and I looked up to see Ashton standing with a displeased look.

"Neither do you..." I spat back and picking up my book I stood up once again on my feet and as soon as I stood up, I sneezed and he snickered as I sniffled.