Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

We were sitting on the poolside along with the guys, in a circle. Emily was next to me on one side and on the other side of Jessica who had Noah on her other side. Next to Emily was Ashton and beside him was Tyler that means right in front of me. Emily through her eyes asked me if I was okay sitting with Ashton and although I wasn't yet I smiled. Sometimes you have to pretend just to make others happy.

It felt good to be out in cold breeze. The weather was pleasant for them but it was a little too cold for me to call it pleasant. My phone rang and I saw my Mummy calling. I quickly excused myself and attended her call. She was expecting me to be at the restaurant. Whenever I leave for work, I drop her message but when I didn't, she gets worried. I told her before coming to Emily's place where I was going and she was okay with it. She was in fact very happy that I am making new friends. I answered her call and told her I am still at her place and she relaxed but told me to leave before it gets too late.

"So it was your Mum again?" Jessica asked and I nodded.

"She was a bit worried as I didn't text her." I said next to her again abd from the corner I could see Ashton rolling his eyes.

"What time it must be in India?" Noah asked me and I looked down in my phone, which now has a dual clock.

"11.45." I told them.

"Wow that's super late." Emily said in surprise.

"Yeah, she gets worried when I don't text her time to time telling my whereabouts. She probably wouldn't have slept if I wouldn't have answered her call." I told them with a smile suddenly starting to miss my family more than usual.

"My mother doesn't even care if I am home at night or not." Jessica said and I gave her small sad smile but when my eyes landed on Ashton I saw him listening to me contently.

"Do you miss home?" Tyler asked this time.

"Ofcourse I do...I had never been on my own before.... I miss home...I am trying to adjust but sometimes it's just...I miss them." I didn't realize my voice started cracking. I really do miss them and a lot but then I heard a groan and I was damn sure it was from Ashton.

"Don't feel sad....we are here for you." Jessica comforted me too and I gave them a big smile. I wiped my tears and smiled brightly once again. In this whole month, I had tried to be really strong and had never cried missing my home except for the one day I don't even want to remember but today somehow my walls crumbled down and I ended up crying. Luckily, I have friends who comforted me and made me feel better even away from home.

"Yeah...tell us if you need anything." Tyler added and I smiled politely at them.

"If this story is over can we please order some food. I am starving." Ashton exaggerated and I looked at him.

"Yeah...I am hungry too." Noah added.

"Will Chinese be fine to you?" Emily asked me and I shrugged.

"This dorky looking girl is staying with us for dinner?" Ashton's voice boomed making me pissed once again.

Is he talking about me?

"Yes Ash she is. Do you have any problem with that?" Emily said in a pissed tone.

"Common Em I was just asking...don't take someone else's anger out on me." He said defensively.

"Is she mad at someone?" Tyler asked innocently looking at Emily and then at Ashton making Jessica and me laugh. I remember Papa being confused when Mummy used to be upset with him because he never understood what he did wrong to be on the other side of the stick. And this was exactly the same thing happening here. Tyler doesn't even know what he did wrong.