KAT: Last of Wisteria

Reviewed by CaliKat000

Author: Excellen21
Title: Last of Wisteria
Genre: Adventure

Cover: 1/5

I don’t really like you cover. To me, looking at it, it feels like your making up an imaginary world but what you want to do is make people believe in your story.  You want your readers to believe every word you say whether it is true or not. I think your cover doesn’t show that belief in your own work as an author, of course, you do but I’m just saying I don’t feel it in your cover. It doesn’t make me want to read your book.

Blurb: 2/5

I didn’t really feel drawn to your story by just reading your blurb. I think if you changed it around or rephrased it, it would sound better.

Title: 3/5

Your title is very direct. It gives no mystery as to what the readers are expecting. They know that it will be the last of ‘something’ and the only thing they will want to know is what is ‘Wisteria’ but that’s also a good thing because it makes the readers read on because they want to know what exactly does ‘Last of Wisteria’ means.

Plot: 8/10

I really like the concept you created for this book. I like the way you put mystery between words and have the readers questioning things along the way. It’s an interesting plot. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything like it.

Character Development: 10/15

You definitely give voice to each individual character. While some have an attitude the others are soft and some have a warrior voice, meaning strong. I like the different personalities you present.

Spelling and grammar: 7/10

I love the way you use detail and voice. Your sentence fluency is amazing! Your style of writing is stupendous! The way your words flow is incredible.

Your grammar, on the other hand, needs a little work. You misplace commas or don’t use them at all. There are punctuation errors as well. You need to look over the rules of commas place and punctuation.

You also switch tenses a lot. This confuses readers. You also need to start a new paragraph every time there's a new scene and when someone new speaks.

Overall: 9/10

I really like how you inquire detail in every aspect of your work. You give every scene its own voice and you sentence fluency really grabs peoples attention. I want to be able to write like you do! Seriously, its like you have some mad ninja writing skills. <3

Other Comments:

My favorite part is the prologue. You really captured the scene.<3

Sorry, this is so late! I’ve had so much testing these past few weeks with trying to get into college.

Kat<3