Ray:New Girl In Texas

Reviewed by key Keeper Ray teenagewriter18

Author: gritikanojia
Title: New Girl In Texas
Genre: Romance

Review

Cover:  3.5/5

About the cover, it’s pleasingly aesthetic but maybe a manipulated picture of the lead with the love interest will more attractive or the city lights of any Texas city, for instance Houston because your story is based around that, would be beautiful too.  

Blurb:  3/5

Your blurb is really simple, and it’s like a very basic description of what is happening in the story. Maybe to attract more attention, you can just add a conversation and then leave it incomplete, with a cliff-hanger so that the reader will want to know more. But I found your blurb really sweet as if Scarlett had written it 😊

Title:  3/5

It’s decent by it could have been a little better. I liked the title when I first saw it but after reading the story I processed that maybe this title isn’t that appropriate but it’s still appealing, you could, maybe, shorted it a bit.

Plot:  7.5/10

I liked the plot a lot. At first, I thought that this was going to be a typical good-girl-meets-bad-boy-fall-in-love story but you completely surprised me with all the twists and secrets revealed. Good work done on that.

Character development:  10/15

We all love characters to whom we can easily relate too and you have done a miraculous job on Scarlett like that. I like Alaric too I don’t really know him that well, so maybe you should tell us something about him, maybe give us certain more shocks by some more secrets :)

Spelling and grammar:  3/10

Now now, this the part where improvement is necessary. There are a lot of mistakes in the chapters. For instance, you started off with past tense then switched to present tense and then again went to past tense and there are many spelling errors too which can very easily convince a reader to leave your book. So maybe that is the area in which you’re lacking behind and the reason why your readers aren’t increasing even though your story is so stunning and amazingly awesome. Redaing your chapters again and again can be one step to improvement in this area.

Overall:  6.5/10

Overall, I like the way you introduce new characters or describe any moment or feeling which is a plus point and I really love the way the story is written. :)

Other comments (No marks): Some advises that I like to give would be, first of all about the grammar part. If you read some other books then you will get a fair idea about English grammar and the character development part, I am pretty sure you will improve very quickly on that one because it’s super easy. You just need to let out some secrets, make some more emotions and that’s it, your gorgeous book will turn more gorgeous (just like Megan Fox 😉)

Love Ray