Ray: For His Sake

Reviewed by Key Keeper Ray teenagewriter18

Author: lily97000
Title: For His Sake
Genre: Romance/Chicklit

Review

Cover:  3.5/5

Your cover is pretty but I think its too basic. I’d love too see you experimenting with something new. Something which can project the relationship between all of the characters.

Blurb:  3/5

I liked your blurb but the extract gives out a little like why Edward wanted to marry Emily which is the base of the whole storyline. Also, maybe focus a little more on Mia and Rose.

Title:  5/5

Your title is perfect. I absolutely loved it. It is out and out for all the girls, since its chicklit.

Plot:  8.5/10

I love every single thing about the plot, the details, the twists. It’s easy to follow and unpredictable which is what every plot absolutely needs but maybe add little more for Mia and Rose.

Character development:  13/15

You have a pretty good job creating awesome personalities for Emily and Edward. Jake is much of blur but he is developing alright. I think that Mia is very much alike to Emily so maybe develop her character a bit. But I must say you have developed Rose’s and Lisa’s character in the most perfect way, revealing the secrets one by one, adding up to their personalities.

Spelling and grammar:  5/10

There are many grammatical mistakes. There many tense problems that you would need to sort out. The book is an absolute work of art but its losing all of its glamour because of those grammatical errors. There are some points where the reader has to reread the lines to understand what is being said. So, maybe that is an area to work harder in.

Overall:  8/10

Overall, I fell in love with your book and specially Edward (If I might say, It was Liam Hemsworth after all 😉). As your story advances, the reader is introduced to many new thoughts and so much of emotions and opinions. The way the story is written, the reader is bound to get hooked. It is obvious that you know where to take the story, which is a plus point for you.

Other comments :

I think you should read through and through the book once again and slowly get rid of the grammatical errors. You should also give more of Michael because we just know who he is, not how he is, which we need to know. Mia’s character needs a bit more of attention and that’s it. The other thing I wanted to tell you was that there was so much more of Emily and Edward than that of any other couple, the story started out with Emily but then it completely turned into Mia’s and then again into Emily’s, maybe progress the stories side by side else it can become quite a mess.

PS- I am really excited for the next chapter!

Love Ray💙