Kat: That Of A Nostalgic Future

Reviewed by CaliKat000

Author: immatrytoread
Title: That Of A Nostalgic Future
Genre: General Fiction

Cover: 5/5

I like how uniformed your cover looks. Honestly, when I saw it for the first time and remembered you mentioned that it had a psychological sub-genre I immediately thought to myself “Wow, It looks like a  Psychologists slapped this book to make it pretty.” I thought it really reflected your skills in fluency with words and details.

Blurb: 2/5

Your blurb really foreshadows events, which is good. It lets the reader know what might potentially happen. I just think It needs a better attention getter. Something that pulls the reader in. If I had stumbled upon this book and looked at the blurb I think I would have passed it up. Thankfully you wanted a review and I got to read it though.

Title: 1/5

I’m not completely sure what your title means, but you know what? It sounds cool. XD

Plot: 6/10

I like where your plot is going but sometimes it’s hard to follow. You sometimes veer off in another direction but then get back on track. It’s no big deal, people love side stories as well.

Character Development: 13/15

I love all the little details you put into each character. I can really visualize the scenes as they go by. You give a special personality about each character that makes me want to keep reading just so that I can know what mysteries lie beneath the surface. You create such a depth and everyone seems so fancy. One thing I would work on is to make the dialogue more capturing, I seemed to get bored of the dialogue and just wanted to skip to the details. Great work though, many people don’t even bother to add in detail.

Spelling and Grammar: 8/10

You use such big words, I honestly had to look up some of the meanings. I love that you can inquire such fluency into your work. Your grammar looks amazing. The only things I really saw that could use some fixing are punctuation errors (Not many) and continuing to use one tense. You switch tenses a lot and that confused me but no worries I do that too. It is best to proofread out loud or have someone check/read it before publishing. Or you can write it all out and edit later like I do. XD

Overall: 7/10

I really liked the concept of your book. It was completely different from the books I normally read so it was a nice change to explore other genres.

Other Comments:

I love your writing style! I can literally hear and see what is happening during each chapter. You use loads of details which I absolutely love! Keep Writing Always!

Kat <3