Nina: You Could Call It Love

Reviewed by recklessnina

Author - VishawKalra
Title - You Could Call It Love
Genre - Mystery

Cover : 3.5/5

The cover is relevant to the story, but the quality of the image chosen is a little bit questionable. Although, I understand how Wattpad “degrade” some quality into the photos we upload, but it’s a little difficult to read at first glance. 

Title : 4/5 

It’s very fitted, simple and straightforward which is important.

Blurb : 4/5 

A little confusing at first, because there were so many characters introduced. I think, you could focus on lesser people and write them in such a way that your readers would be more intrigued. 

Plot : 7/10 

It’s a little...mature? The one in a sense where it deals with more heavy emotions, which is good, but as long as you know how to balance it. When I was reading it, I felt like I was in a depressed movie and I was waiting for the ‘good parts’ but they were very shortcoming. I totally get how you wanted to “paint” the theme, but I think a few good things here and there will help keep readers looking forward to something, that’s just my opinion. Nevertheless, I like the plot twists, suspense and cliffhangers already. 

Character Development : 13.5/15

Very good character development! After reading through, I could differentiate them and that’s literally the KEY POINT FOR ME. Although, there’s some instances where it’s a little bit unrealistic? The things the characters were doing, nevertheless, it’s fine.

Spelling and Grammar : 9/10 

It’s very clean and neat. I didn’t see anything much or that big of a deal. I think a good skim over the material would do. I’m also glad the use of indirect and direct speech were used properly. 

Overall : 8/10 

It’s definitely above average and I think you can still improve more because the foundation into making a good novel is already there, it only needs a few more tweaks here and there.