KAT: My Fragile Heart

Reviewed by CaliKat000

Author: Moonlight_Rose9
Title: My Fragile Heart
Genre: Chicklit

Cover: 4/5

I do like your cover. I think it draws out personality and quality. It also gives that romantic feeling but I don’t really like the look on the guys face, I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. It gives me this weird vibe because it’s not what I picture that character would look like.

Blurb: 5/5

I like the ideas you put into your blurb. The poetry like style and description are beautiful. I love how you inquired foreshadowing into it all. Great job.

Title: 5/5

Your title is great! It fits and is just as fragile and elegant as the book itself.

Plot: 4/10

I do think your book is a high school cliche. If you add a different aspect rather then all the drama I think your book will be more personal and it won’t sound like you read someone else's book and you are recreating it. I do like the details in all the drama though. People always have something going on.

Character Development: 6/15

I like the way you created each personality to fit each character's dialogue. It helps readers be able to visualize better. Also, if you add in more detail each chapter will appeal to a reader's senses and they will feel what the character feels, which is an important part of being an author.

Spelling and Grammar: 5/10

I did see that you switch tenses a lot. If you are not sure if mixed up tenses have a friend read the chapter or read it out loud yourself. I find that really works for me. Also, your punctuation and commas placements need some work. One site that has helped me a lot is Grammarly.com. You do have to sign up with your email and it's free! You can, however, pay for premium but that would be up to you.

Overall: 8/10

I did like your book, I like cliches but when the book is overemphasized I think everything turns out bad. Try not to follow the cliche path. Be you, show creativity, I know you have it in you.

Kat <3