Chapter III : Fighting Off The Legion

Fighting off the Legion 

~Dixie~ ~The next day, 9:50 A.M~

~Play the song now!~ 

"What a beautiful day it is today! I wonder if Banjo came home yet?", I asked as I went to the windowpane and stared out into the morning sky. I enjoyed the rays of the sun hitting my tanned skin; it made my blue and green eyes sparkle. I thought to myself, this is the greatest day ever! Reconstruction finished a few days ago and everyday life was returning to New Mobotropolis. I put on my black tanktop, blue jeans that showed off my newly developing curves, and black hightop shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror and gave myself an exaggerated thumbs-up. I used my mental powers to brush my hair, which has grown past my shoulders and reaches down my back. It pays having Chaos powers, I joked to myself.

I left the room and walked through the halls of the mansion, greeting everyone with a wave and good morning. I walked into the kitchen looking for breakfast when I saw him eating a donut.

"Banjo! Oh my god, it's really you! It's not a dream this time!", I screamed as I tackled him in a hug and kissed him all over the face. We kissed each other in a passionate embrace until Lord Akiro came in.

"How about you two go find a room before I kick you out?", he said walking past us.

"Now Dixie, I know you know better than that", mom said, walking in as well.

"Mom? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Honsho?", I asked.

"I'm came here because we have identified a new threat to the peace." Banjo and I jumped up to our feet and sat down at the kitchen table. I grabbed Banjo's donut and finished it, causing him to give me a funny look. Akiro and mom sat at the head of the table and began speaking:

"Banjo, Dixie, you both are needed. Onikawa and Shiryu intelligence have acquired information that the Legion is on the move. They are marching towards New Mobotropolis at a alarming speed and they also are planning an invasion of Fubukiopolis. The two of you must stop these invasions at all costs!", my mom said to us.

"But Lord Kanu, how are the two of us supposed to stop two invasions in two separate places?", Banjo asked mom. "I mean, I may be the fastest thing alive, but not even I can do that!"

"Shut your mouth blue one", mom shot back. They exchanged angry looks at each other when Akiro interjected.

"We have discovered the identity of the man who attacked you last night Banjo." I looked alarmed when he said that. I looked at Banjo's face closely and saw small bruises and cuts; I held him tight and asked if he was okay. He shook his head yes and continued the meeting.

"By accessing Banjo's memories, we have determined that the man is the long lost brother of one Akihito Akitoki. His name is Amatatsu Akitoki; he has been missing for years after a mission to the Lost Country of the Great Onikawa Clan. We do not know why he has returned; but gathering that he was waiting for Banjo to return, he wants revenge for the death of his brother. You must be careful now; he is as strong as his brother is, maybe stronger."

"You have your orders, now go prepare", mom told us.

Miles followed us to our room when we walked past him in the hallway. We packed up our supplies and was about to leave the room when he stopped us.

"Please let me go with you!", he pleaded with us. "I wanna be able to help you both out! I've been training really hard and I wanna prove myself to you two! Please?"

~End music~

We looked at each other for a moment and shook our heads in agreement. Suddenly, a loud explosion rocked the mansion. We ran outside to see a huge force of Legionaires attacking the mansion! I pulled out my sword and shield and slashed away at the crowd. Banjo threw chaos spheres that exploded on impact and Miles flew around dropping small bombs on everyone. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man with spiky hair and dressed in black military clothes rushed towards me. I dodged out of the way right before he could grab me.

"It's you again!", Banjo shouted. "Is it true that you are the long lost brother of Akihito Akitoki, Amatatsu?"

He slowly turned towards us and said, "Yes, that is my name, Amatatsu Akitoki. I heard that you murdered my little brother Akihito and I returned, thirsty for the blood of his killers!"

Banjo was ready to take him on, but Amatatsu said, "I hope you know, I didn't come here alone."

Moritori, the Legion's Grandmaster and his sister, Lien appeared next to him..

"So nice to see you, Onikawas. Are you ready to die at our hands?", Moritori asked us. Lien stayed silent as she eyed us.

"Banjo, you take Amatatsu, Miles, you take on Moritori, I got that bitch Lien", I said, my phase powers activating. It was going to be a three-way fight; just the way I like it!

***It's a three-way battle royal! Who will win? Find out in the next exciting chapter!***