Chapter XVIII: Secrets of the Chaos Force: Akitoki's Invasion of Angel Island

Secrets of the Chaos Force: Akitoki's Invasion of Angel Island

~Noctis, 3 minutes before Brotherhood report~

"Luigi... YOU STUPID FOOL!!!", I screamed, holding back stubborn tears; I was angry at Luigi for pulling a stunt like that. I watched the entire event unfold I hugged Cece and Jazz, who were crying their eyes out for the fool. When the smoke cleared, I saw the horrifying sight; Luigi's body was frozen in stone with a pained expression on his face, but worse still, Akitoki stood there mostly unharmed! His armor was blown off, revealing the Akitoki Lord's Jacket hanging off his body; he looked at us and began to chuckle as he shattered Luigi's body, the dust being blown away by the wind.

"Well now, if the three of you don't mind, I shall be off to Angel Island to covet the spiritual form of the Chaos Force now", he told us. "If you three had any plans to try and stop me, I want you to know that I absorbed Luigi's Chaos Powers, so I'm more powerful than ever before!" He flew off into the skies and all we could do was cry and watch.

"Even though Knucklehead is dead, we still have a job to do! We have to chase after Akitoki and try to stop him!", I said, pulling myself together and leading the group.

"Our leader is dead, Akitoki is more powerful than ever, and Locke and the rest of the Brotherhood are gonna kill us! What can we do Noctis, chase him to our deaths?", Jazz said, crying hysterically.

"Then you two and stay here and cry yourselves a river! I'm gonna chase him and avenge the Guardian myself!" I flew away in pursuit of Akitoki, but my mind was still tuned to Cece and Jazz.

"Lord Noctis is right! We have to chase after Akitoki and stop him before anything bad happens! It's our pledge to the Brotherhood and Master Luigi! Jazz we gotta go!", Cece said with pride. I felt the two of them following in behind me and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Before I forget, I should send the report of the mission so far", I said. "I hope that Locke reads this report thoroughly..."

~Locke, on Angel Island~

"Whoever is coming, they have a strong power level for sure", I said to myself as I waited on the edge of the island. "They are coming in fast with three smaller power levels behind them. This doesn't bode well for us..." I stood there watching the horizon, thinking about what Spectre said in the report... my son, dead? I shook my head, defiant of the thought. Suddenly I felt a huge gust of wind that slightly pushed me back. When I could see again, I saw Akihito Akitoki standing in front of me; what the hell? I thought Luigi killed him over a year ago?!?

~play it now~

"Locke, the father of my sworn nemesis Banjo, correct? It's a shame about that middle son, Luigi, wasn't it?", Akitoki said, taunting me. "That poor poor guardian died in the line of duty. Now all that stands in my way of absolute conquest is you Locke. Step aside and I won't kill you."

"You don't intimidate me Akitoki; leave this island now or you will deal with the consequences! I won't let you have the Chaos Force!", I said with the determination that made me a great Guardian in the first place. As I said those words, the other three power levels appeared before me; it was Noctis, Cece, and Jazz. They all had grief-stricken expressions tattooed on their faces.

"Luigi isn't dead! I don't believe you Akitoki! You will say anything to lower my guard and make your chances of gaining the spiritual Chaos Force increase!", I screamed. I began throwing energy blasts at him but they had no effect on the villain. I clenched my jaw and continued to throw energy blasts at him. I felt like I threw a million of them at him by the time I was done, but he still stood there unaffected, wearing that Akitoki Lord's Jacket with a sickening pride. He walked towards me then outstretched his hands to his sides. Two orbs of energy formed in his hands and then he fired them at me; I jumped to avoid them, but he caught me and slammed me face-first into the ground.