Chapter 24: Dixie Returns! Raiding the Fortress

~Dixie, in the Twilight Region~

This place really gives me the creeps... this part of the world is always in a state of perpetual twilight... the sun never moves an inch and I feel as if my powers will be impeded in some way... I walked around and looked around the entire area, keeping my guard up at all times. I made sure not to allow myself to fall off the narrow path that led to the fortress that I was asked to find. Apparently, I have to find someone on my way there... I would rather do this alone, but I guess some help would be appreciated...

I hope I am not diliberately being watched by my enemy. A sound activates my sharp hearing from far off. I turn to stare straight in to total darkness. No one there..."Okay Dixie stop freaking out!" I said to myself totally intent on being fearless on this mission. I had to find the strongest member of the Shiryu army before I could invade the Legion stronghold; boy I sure hope I find her soon because this place gives me the creeps! I continued along the way when I saw a woman standing on the side of the road.

"Lady Dixie, you have finally arrived! I have been waiting for a long time for your arrival. Lady Kanu asked me to join you on this mission.", the woman said to me as she walked up to me.

"I see, and you are the one that my mom told me to look out for? If you are, are you ready to do this?", I said, examining her closely. She had a very pretty face, but her eyes were closed, so i couldn't see her eyes at all. She had jet black hair and was dressed in a white vest with a black long-sleeved shirt underneath it, blue pants that were cuffed at the bottom, and black combat boots.

"Yes I am the one. I am the leader of the Shiryu Special Forces, the strongest branch of our people's millitary. My name is Choun Shiryu, the only person to ever make Lady Kanu use her full power just to draw even in battle."

I hung on the last thing she said... just to draw even in battle?!? She must be insanely powerful then! I guess I am glad that she is on my side then! She nodded her head and we walked along the path to the target location.

"Lady Dixie, Lord Kanu told me to ask you what our mission is; may I please have a quick briefing of our purpose for being here is?", Choun asked me.

"Certainly, our mission today is quite simple; we are to overtake the Legion fortress and capture the sole remaining Head Legionaire, Lien, and find out any information on the plans of the Akitoki Clan.", I explained to her.

"It doesn't feel like it will be as easy as you thought Lady Dixie; i can sense a massive amount of Chaos energy just up ahead. I can feel about 800 souls in one place. We must be prepared for a large conflict."

"I am as prepared as I will ever be! I must find Lien and make her talk about the whereabouts of Hana Akitoki! I have to find that out so we can settle the score!"

"Is that a part of the mission Lady Dixie? Did Lady Kanu tell you to do that as well?"

"No... this is personal. This is a part of the destiny that was chosen for me when I was born. I will kill that bitch if it is the last thing I do!"

After a few minutes, we arrived at the Legion stronghold; it was heavily fortified and Legionaire guards were swarming all over the entrances. I took mental notes of the scene and began formulating a plan.

"They have very large numbers for justthe two of us.. I think that we should retreat and contact Lady Kanu for reinforcements from the Special Forces unit-" Choun began but I cut her off.

"I think we should just go in there and cut them all up! I have no time to be worrying about huge numbers; people are counting on us and the longer we allow Hana to roam freely, the more likely she is to hurt an innocent!", I exclaimed as I pulled out my sword and shield and ran towards the fortress. I ran at the gate and before the guards could say a word,I ran them through with my blade then bust down the door. Choun soon followed carrying her own sword and soon enough, Legionaires began swarming us at every corner.