10- Storm Clouds

Author's;
"Excited for the winter formal?" Mr.Park asked you with a grin.

"So excited," You nodded at him eagerly.

"Please make frequent stops at the food table okay?" He pouted.

"I'll spend my whole night there,"

He looked your pink face with a smirk. "Why're you blushing?" "Is it the thought of spending the whole night with me?" He asked cockily.

Your heart skipped a beat. "Maybe," You said shyly.

"You're so cute," He chuckled, bear hugging you suddenly.

You laughed with him.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Dad? Where are you going?" You asked.

"I need to sort out something," He sighed and ruffled his hair. He looked stressed.

"Okay, drive safely," You said, worriedly.

He tiredly smiled at you and closed the door behind him. You turned around to see your mom looking equally as stressed.

"What's going on mom?" You asked.

"Nothing baby," She lied.

You knew something was wrong. There were endless possibilities of what could be wrong. A thought crossed your mind. Did they find out about us? You went to Taehyung's room, the panic in you rising.

"Taehyung, what the hell is happening?" You asked.

"We— We're losing everything," He squeaked. You could tell he was shocked too by the way his hands were shaking slightly.

Your heart dropped. "What?"

"The company went bankrupt," He said, blankly.

"What's going to happen now?"

"Everything is going to change,"
"We have to move in with someone else tonight,"

"What? We lost the house too? How is this even possible? Please explain this to me," Your voice was trembling and tears were beginning to form.

How come I didn't notice any of this?

"I don't know anything, Areum. Mom and Dad won't tell me anything because they still think I'm some dumb kid who won't f*cking understand," Taehyung was clearly frustrated but, how could anyone blame him?

You ran downstairs hoping it's some kind of a sick joke. "Mom? Are we moving? Did the company go bankrupt?" You asked, desperate for an answer.

She let out a heavy sigh, running her fingers through her hair. "Yes, but don't worry okay? We'll move in with the Jeon family for a while," She sounded tired.

"Would that really be okay?"

"Mrs. Jeon kindly offered, understanding our situation,"

You were scared. Scared of what would happen to your family. It truly is calm before the storm. Such an unexpected situation occurred, changing so much. Everything was crashing down all too fast.

After briefly packing a few things, your mom, brothers, and you took a short walk to Jungkook's house with a dark storm cloud floating above your heads. You arrived in front of the large house and Taehyung pressed the doorbell, not saying a word. It was humiliating to walk out of your house with your belongings, unsure if you would ever return again.

Jungkook was the one to open the tall dark wooden door. His dark hair was in a perfect mess and he was wearing a baggy T-Shirt with track pants. For a split second, he observed you and your family. The tired faces, the bags and the silence.