36 - See You Later

Author's;
You sat silently in the back seat, gripping onto Jimin's hand desperately, as if it would prevent him from leaving. The air was tense.

Jimin pulled over just a block away from your house and turned in his seat to face you. Without any words, you both sat defeatedly staring at each other. "Is this goo— 'see you later'?" You asked with a tremble creeping in your voice.

He turned his body to face you. "I'm afraid so, baby." his voice was fighting back the threatening trembles because he knew it would shatter you but, his eyes couldn't lie.

"I'm not ready." you cried. "This isn't fair!" You held onto his hand like it was a rope saving you from free falling off of a cliff.

"Me neither," Jimin said lowly, squeezing your hand.

"Is this the last time i'll see you?"

"Yes." He answered in the simplest way. "—just until our paths cross again in the future." He added, bringing up his promise that frustrated you.

You whimpered.

"Areum," Jimin began to say, hesitantly.
"if you find someone else while i'm gone... I don't want you to feel guilty. Okay? I want you to be happy no matter what." He continued gingerly, knowing you would hate these words.

He was right but you didn't have the energy to argue.
Your red, wet with tears eyes shot at him. His words were like a chainsaw to your heart.

"Unless it's that punk Jungkook. Stay away from him." He joked in the midst of the tension, earning a chuckle from you between soft sobs.

You nodded, unable to speak verbally. At a time like this, your tears prevented you from seeing the face of the man you love for what might be the last time. You felt frustration as the tears you wiped were quickly replaced by new ones.

The outside of the car became a big blur. All you could think of was: "please don't go" and "there has to be another way".

Strands of Jimin's brown hair fell messily on his forehead as he leaned in close to your face. Being so close to him, you could finally see that his eyes were watery and his breath was slightly shaky. Jimin looked at you with care, gently wiping the never ending drops of sadness off of your tear stained cheeks.

"See you later, Areum," He whispered, brushing your noses together.

You held the sides of his face too, twirling pieces of his hair with your fingers and breathing in and out deeply. Both of your quivering lips met and gave each other one last goodbye. The kiss was slow and deep but, painfully short.

Jimin pulled away and pressed his forehead on yours. "Don't try to call me. Don't talk about me. Don't even think about me. Focus on you." He instructed.

Your back shook with the quiet sobs. You looked him in the eyes and shook your head in protest. "I'll never not think about you, you know that." it was hard to even speak.

He chuckled. "I know, my love but, can you try for me?"

"You too.. Don't think about me. And don't smoke, please don't smoke." You battled yourself to say.

"I'll have lollipops instead." He referred to the time at the convenience store.
"You're on my mind all 24 hours of the day. You appear in my dreams and I imagine you hugging me when I'm upset." Jimin said with a weak smile.

Your heart squeezed even more.

"I can't forget you. I won't forget you." he said, planting one last kiss on your forehead.

See you later.

Your intertwined fingers untangled and you crawled out of the vehicle, crying harder than you've ever cried. You stood beside the car, wiping the tears. Getting out of that car and letting go of his hands were the hardest things you've ever done.

Jimin rolled down his window and took one last look at you before rolling it up again and driving away.

A/N
Jungkook's voice is so beautiful. I think his painfully short demo (looped) is perfect for this chapter. I cant wait til he releases it. Thank you for reading💜

-Ro