47 - Distance

Yours;
I went straight home, sobbing for every minute of the journey, receiving stares of pity from people around me. I didn't even care. I just wanted to rewind time and avoid the whole situation.

Luckily, mom and dad were out, Jowoon was in his room and Taehyung was out with his friends, celebrating Jimin's return. There was no one to stop me and ask me what's wrong which would've made me cry more.

I made my way upstairs and buried myself under my blanket. I was overwhelmed by the weight of the present and the uncertainty of the future.

The feeling of kissing Jungkook for the first time still lingered on my lips, the dropping heart feeling from when I saw Jimin remained in my chest, the look of in his eyes haunted me, and the harshness of Jungkook's hurt tone rang in my ears. The inside of my brain was a war zone.

How did I find myself in such a shitty position?

As I laid in bed, my chest was heaving and my mind was racing. I fell asleep eventually with tear stained cheeks and quivering lips, despite the chaos in my head. Crying was tiring.

-

The next day, I was unmotivated to do anything and everything. I could barely part from my bed. I grabbed my phone from the side table and dialled Jungkook's number.

"Hey, it's Jungkook. My bad for not picking up. Leave a message!"

I tried again.

"Hey, it's Jungkook. My bad for not picking up. Leave a message!"

I sighed in frustration. Of course he wouldn't pick up. I placed my phone down beside me and buried my face in my knees.

Then, my phone began to ring. I nearly jumped off my bed trying to grab my phone to pick up. I was happy but also incredibly nervous in case it was Jungkook. Stupidly however, I didn't even check who it was before picking up.

"Hello?" I answered, eagerly.

"Areum!" Hoseok exclaimed.

My shoulders dropped in disappointment upon not hearing Jungkook's voice. "Yeah? What's up?" I asked tiredly.

"I don't know if this is okay but, do you maybe wanna come to the dance studio today? We wanna play games but the number is uneven and I really want you to be there," He asked gingerly.
"I know you feel a little weird being around Jimin now but from your reaction yesterday, you didn't seem all that fazed so this is why I'm asking," He rambled on.

"Uh, is um, Jungkook gonna be there?"

"Huh? Yeah of course. I know Jungkook and Jimin weirdly don't get along but I think it'll be fine. Why?" He answered.

"Just asking," I lied.

"So is that a yes? You're coming?" I could hear his growing smile in his voice.

I debated in my head. Is it a good idea to be put in the same room as both Jungkook and Jimin? Just the thought of it made my insides turn with nervousness.

"I'm sorry Hobi, I actually don't feel so good today so I'll be home," I apologized after thinking of an excuse.

"Are you okay? Do you need any medicine?" Hoseok asked, forgetting about his original question.

"I'll be okay with some rest. I have medicine at home in case I need it, don't worry," I answered, feeling a slight guilty feeling for lying.

"Okay Areumie, get better quickly so we can dance together again soon!" Hoseok exclaimed, causing a smile on my face.