17 - Day Two

Jungkooks;

"Oh, okay. Well anyways, I'm gonna go to the girls cabin real quick to get my thicker sweater. I'll be right back" Areum said, getting up.

"Do you want me to come with you? I can wait outside the cabin." I suggested, looking at her.

"No, it's okay it'll take me like 5 minutes, I'll be fine." She smiled cutely and left.

After she left, Taehyung looked at me with big eyes. "Go with her, dumbass it's dark and shit." He said.

I nodded and headed out. The weather was nice. I couldn't see her so I ran towards the girls cabin. I stopped running when I reached the cabin.

"Ar--" I began to call out for her name but I stopped myself when I saw Mr.Park and Ms.Kang kissing. I quickly hid myself so they didn't see me.

The only thought in my head was, Areum. I know she likes him a lot. How could he just do that to her. I was angry. I was breathing heavy because I had ran. And then I heard quick footsteps rush by me. It was her.

Her hand was covering her mouth and I could tell that she was crying. I watched her walk towards the pond and sit there, alone.

Despite the time I spent reminding myself that I need to stop being so available for her. What am I doing? Why am I still here? I should be there for her. I'm still her friend.

I ran towards her and sat with her for a while, just bathing in the silence. It was a heavy calmness.

As a time went by, the distance between us lessened and eventually like when we were younger, she was curled up in my arms. My heart beat accelerated and I cleared my throat awkwardly.

God, I like her so much.

Later, I woke her up and walked her to her cabin so she could sleep properly.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Yours;
I've never felt more betrayed. My brain skipped the part where I go crazy sad and directly went to the part where my mind is just blank. Although my mind was blank, my heart hurt.

The morning after that night, as usual the girls arrived at the main lodge first. Strangely, Ms. Kang wasn't there.

"Areum, are you okay?" Nari asked, looking at my expressionless face.

"Huh?" I looked back at her and then forced a small smile. "Yeah, I'm just tired today."

"Oh, then you better eat a lot today!" she exclaimed.

"Sure."

Like the day before, after we sat down, the boys all came rushing in loudly talking among themselves. My eyes scanned through all of them, looking for him.

My eyes landed on Mr.Park who was just smiling as if nothing happened. He made eye contact with me and smiled a little softer.

I just looked away and as I did, I noticed his smile falter.

After a rather quiet morning hike (for me at least) and activities, it was finally time to eat lunch. That day, the weather was nice so the supervisors let us split up outside around the site and eat with whoever we wanted.

"Wait, I'll be back." I said to Hyerim and Nari.

"Where are you going?" Hyerim asked.