27 - Bittersweet

Yours;
The next day in the afternoon, my mom and I were casually talking to Jungkook's parents who were dressed for their business party. Mr. Jeon was wearing a pinstripe suit with his hair perfectly gelled to the side and Mrs. Jeon wore an elegant navy blue gown with her hair in a perfect up-do.

"This kid always takes so long to get ready." Mr. Jeon complained about Jungkook's tardiness.

Mom and Mrs Jeon laughed but I felt nervous to even look at Jungkook. Especially after what happened the day before. I was completely confused.

My heart beat accelerated at the sound of his steady footsteps coming down the stairs. I took a deep breath in to calm my nerves as we all looked up at the staircase.

Jungkook walked down wearing a black suit and a black dress shirt under with the top two buttons undone. His hair was perfectly messy as always, in a middle part. He was drinking from a bottle of water with one hand.

"Finally. Come on Jungkook we need to leave now or we'll be late!" Mrs Jeon exclaimed, walking to the door.

Jungkook glanced at me with no expression before walking to the door as well. He put on his dress shoes and opened the door, letting his parents exit first as a polite gesture. Me and mom walked to the door and waved at them as they walked down the steps. We watched them get into their car.

Jungkook opened the car door but just before entering, he stood still as if he was contemplating something.

He finally turned his head and locked eyes with me. I questioningly stared back, feeling awkward. "Bye, Areumie," He muttered just loud enough with a slight, awkward smile.

Before I could react, he quickly crawled into the car and closed the door.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Mom, I have plans with Hyerim and Nari today. I'm gonna leave now okay?" I said.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked.

"Just to hang around a park or something." I lied.

"Okay, text me when you get there." She said, kissing me on the forehead.

"Alright." I smiled, exiting the house.

I unsuspiciously walked just around the block to Jimin's car. I hopped in, looked at him and all my worries and stress melted away. "Hey," I smiled.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, wait." He said, surprised, looking at me.

I was confused. "Huh?"

He held the sides of my face and pecked my forehead. "You look so pretty," He slyly smiled, starting the car.

I felt heat rushing up my neck to my cheeks. "Stooopppp!"

He giggled.

"So, talk to me. What's up? How are you?" He asked casually as he drove.

"Well.." I paused, contemplating on whether I should tell him about Jungkook or not.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing much." I answered, not wanting him to worry about it.

45 mins of singing to music and pointless conversation later, we were on a long empty two lane road in the countryside. There were fields stretching for miles on each side. Our conversation had ended and I was thinking of Jungkook's words again.

"What's on your mind?" He glanced at me, noticing me in a daze.

"You. You're on my mind." I quoted Jungkook, still spaced out.