21 - His First Heartbreak

2015

Jimin and Miyoung had been dating for a whole year  and then some by June of 2015. Their relationship was what everyone dreamt of having someday. They were simply in love with each other. They knew it, their friends knew it and even strangers could tell. They were almost finished teaching college together.

"Let's go to Namjoon's later today." Jimin said, from the desk beside his bed.

"Namjoon's? Why?" Miyoung asked, laying on his bed comfortably.

"He invited us earlier today. He says it's some get together with the others," He shrugged.

"We always hang out together. What's up with the invite?" She chuckled.

"Don't know." He closed his notebook and threw himself on the bed beside her.

She turned her head and faced him with a suspicious smile, stroking the side of his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, kissing her forehead.

She sat up and crossed her legs. "I need to tell you something. Don't be mad." She said.

He sat up and curiously looked at her. "Alright, try me."

"Remember Daeho?" She asked.

"Your ex boyfriend? What about him?"

"Turns out he also became a teacher a while ago. My professor recommended me to shadow him for a few weeks." She said as Jimin's smile faltered.

"Oh shit, when do you start?" He asked.

"Day after tomorrow."

He sighed, biting his bottom lip. He looked at her, held her hands and gave her a wide smile. "Good luck. Why would I be mad?" he said. She was relieved with his reaction and flung her arms around him, tackling him.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Jimin stepped out of his apartment, locking it and heading down the stairs. When he reached ground level, he was whistling and swinging his arms around. He was about to go to Hoseok's dance studio to just hang out. He stopped walking when he saw Miyoung talking to a man outside the building.

"Hey, babe." He said, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her cheek. He looked at the man carefully.

"Oh! Hey. This is Daeho." She introduced with a smile. "Dae, this is Jimin, my uh, boyfriend,"

Daeho nodded and firmly shook his hand. There was a tension in the atmosphere.

"We were actually about to go to the school he works at. He insisted on picking me up." Miyoung laughed.

"Oh, okay. Well then, I'll get going now too." Jimin smiled at her.

She winked at him. "Alright, i'll see you later."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Miyoung, Jimin and Namjoon were at Hoseok's dance studio one day. This was a regular thing— almost every week they would hang out at the studio. Miyoung would sit and watch them dance (sometimes they'd succeed in making her dance too). Dancing was one of Jimin's biggest passions, next to teaching.

"Are you sure you don't want to join today?" Jimin asked Miyoung, holding her hands and crouching down in front of her.

"I'm sure. I'm just kinda worn out from shadowing. It's harder than I thought," She said, kissing his cheek.

"Alright, have some rest then." He smiled at her, ruffling her hair.

A few minutes later Jimin was laughing as he tried to explain a complicated dance move to Namjoon who was already too tired to continue dancing. Jimin was wearing a black sleeveless shirt with sweatpants and sneakers.