12- Safe Place

Jimin's;

That kid Jungkook definitely likes her.

I knew that her "reliable source" was Jungkook himself. Obviously he'd say no. He'd be an idiot to say yes. It makes me annoyingly jealous when I see them being so close together. I couldn't even do anything about it.

She's my Areum.

He was allowed to hug her all he wanted, in front of anybody. He was allowed to flirt with her if he wanted to and stare at her for as long as he wants. I, on the other hand, had to be careful with my every move. I couldn't even look at her for too long if I didn't want anybody to question it. Of course, I knew that this was just how it would have to be but, I still hated it. I felt powerless sometimes but, she was full of reassurance.

The whole thing was weird. Jungkook and Taehyung have been close since forever so, Taehyung introduced him to the others which made Jungkook close to them. They're also my friends so, it was all just.. strange. I saw Jungkook often at gatherings with them and what not. It was clear that he didn't like me.

"Baby," I whispered into the phone.

I knew for sure that she was red as a firetruck. In panic, she hung up. I love it when she gets shy. I called her again, laughing.

"Stop doing that," She whisper yelled at me.

"Doing what?" I asked innocently.

"The whispering! It gives me chills!"

"Okay, okay," I chuckled.

"O-oh, hey mom... Yeah I'm talking to Nari... What? Now?... Okay, I'll be done in a second," She said in the span of just a minute. I understood that her mom walked into her room.

"Nari, I have to go, okay?" She sweetly said with her voice like honey.

I wanted to tease her. "Bye baby," I whispered lowly.

"Eeeee..." she lowly made a cringing sound, probably trying her best not to yell at me again for giving her goosebumps.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Later that day I was hanging out with Taehyung and Seokjin. All three of us were bored out of our minds.

"Let's get drunk," Seokjin suggested with starry eyes.

"No, let's have a party. I'm getting bored of the same old girls. Time to meet some new ones," Taehyung smirked.

"Legend," Seokjin praised him with a grin.

"Okay, a party?" I shrugged.

"Invite hot chicks," Taehyung requested.

"Wait... no, not at my place. I can't risk anymore broken vases. You know how my mom gets when she visits..." I said.

"Oh, then let's do my place," Seokjin offered.

Taehyung and I excitedly nodded. "It's gonna be great," Taehyung smirked.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I realized that I spend a lot of time thinking about her.

She'll be at the party right?

I felt a squeeze in my heart at the thought of her. I wallowed in her presence. I loved everything about her. From the way she smiles and looks down at her feet when she's nervous to how she nibbles on her bottom lip when she listens to me speak.

This girl had me hooked on her. It was almost scary.

»»————- ♡ ————-««