35 - Oasis

*Ayooo Disclaimer!!: This chapter includes a sexual theme (NOT smut) read at your own discretion~*

Yours;
Jimin sat next to me, leaning back comfortably in the backseat of Mr Jo's car. My heart was pounding with nervousness and fear of being caught as well as excitement and happiness to be with him.

"If we get caught now..." I trailed off, almost in a whisper.

"I know," He said lowly despite being inside of a car at a location where there weren't people walking around. Just a bird every now and then.

Jimin shifted his sitting position to face me and intertwined our fingers. "So, let's make our short window of time worth it," He closed the sunroof.

Our eyes filled with flurries of fear and desire met. "You'll be in Busan, busy teaching, and I'll be here busy with university." I sighed, getting right to it.

"But, I don't want to end it like this.. We can make it work." I insisted, hopefully.

There was a silence as his eyes mentally caressed my face. His thumb gently made circles on the surface my hands like he always did.

"I love you," Jimin said, catching me by surprise.
"Which is why I won't hold you down. I want you to live your life to the fullest. I don't want to ruin your new start." He explained.

My heart sank. "You won't be holding me down! What are you saying? You make everything better!" I argued, my voice becoming shaky.

"I took some time to think about it, Areum. Believe me when I say this, it hurts to have to let you go but, this is how you'll be happy," He said.

That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard!

"No, you're wrong. I'm happy with you." I shuffled closer to him.

"Baby, please don't make this so hard." He sighed, caressing the side of my face ever so gently.

"You're just gonna give up on us? After everything we've been through, you're gonna end it over distance? Of all things, distance?" I was frustrated.

"You have to start a new chapter, Areum. I can't live with being the one to hold part of you back."

"It's my life! You don't get to be the one to decide what's good for me and what isn't!" I scoffed.

He wasn't fazed by my outburst. "If this is real i'll find you again, when we're both in a good place."

"If?" I questioned, taking offence from his words.

"You know what I mean." Jimin sighed.

I looked down with cloudy eyes. I couldn't comprehend what was happening. We were so close to the finish line. How could he just give up on us?

"Jimin, please.." I muttered, my chest heaving up and down.

"I promise I'll find you again. No matter what, I'll find you again." He promised.

"Another promise you'll break?" I humourlessly laughed with tears threatening to fall.

"Have I ever broken a promise that I made with you?" He asked, tilting his head.

I thought about it. Has he?

"You promised you'll be at graduation." I said under my breath.

"Graduation hasn't happened yet. I told you, I'll be there." He said with confidence in his comfortingly gentle voice.

He lifted my chin to make me look at him again. "This isn't goodbye." He said.