50 - Home

Yours;
I stood outside of Seokjin's lake house wearing a casual party dress. I've gotten better at dressing up properly for parties without having to pester the host about what to wear. A skill I was proud of more than necessary. The house was familiar to me from as early as senior year. It's funny how different things are now.

I held a small bag in my hand that contained my present for Jimin.

We're on good terms... right? I can buy him a gift... right?

It felt like there was cement holding me in place, forbidding for me to take any steps forward. I stood there with my nerves literally eating me up as other guests, some familiar some unfamiliar, entered the house. I could hear the music and feel the vibration of the ground. It was exciting.

It was chilly outside but in contrast to the inside of the house, the outside was strangely serene and peaceful despite the muffled music. The reflection of the colourful trees and the sunset decorated the surface of the lake.

The door just a few metres in front of me swung open and Yoongi came out wearing a white shirt with black ripped jeans and a cap on top. His eyes landed on me and he smiled.

"There you are. Come inside, everyone's already here," Yoongi said, holding my wrist and dragging me inside.

Come on Areum. You can face your problems. You have to.

Inside was a large group of people, talking, laughing, eating and dancing. I could hear loud roars of laughter from one end of the spacious house that suddenly didn't seem so spacious.

Yoongi helped me take off my coat and put it away for me. "You look cute. Whatever you do, don't f*cking get as drunk as Hoseok does. Some of these idiots here are pervs lowkey,"

I laughed. "I wont!"

"So, Jungkook didn't come for uh... unknown reasons.. but, everyone else is somewhere in this house," Yoongi started to explain loudly over the music as we shredded through the crowd.

Ah. Jungkook isn't here.

"Let's go find th—" Yoongi was about to say before a girl he's been talking to over the span of a few weeks approached us and whispered something in his ear with a cute grin.

Despite the poor lighting, I could tell that he was blushing from his facial expression. Yoongi swallowed as he stared at the girl and then looked at me.

I smirked. "Go," I mouthed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, yes I'll manage." I reassured and he took the girl's hand and disappeared somewhere in the house.

This little event had made me forget about my nervousness for a little while. I casually walked around trying to find Jimin and the others and talked to people that I recognized along the way.

I found myself at the back of the house near the large windows that had a nice view of the backyard where you could see the lake and a large tree shadowing over it.

It was already dark by then but the lights were on out there. There were some people just talking and having a good time.

With the gift in my hand, I leaned against the wall, feeling vibrations on my back. It had been just 15 ish minutes since I arrived yet I still hadn't seen Jimin.

Where the hell is he?

Maybe this time, the universe really did hear me. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, Jimin was standing in front of me wearing a baggy crew neck and light wash jeans.