33 - Caged

Taehyung's;
I'm not sure what it was but, the air at the Jeons' felt tense. Areumie was acting strange as if she would shatter into pieces if I asked about it so, I didn't ask. I hoped that she would be able to feel comfortable enough to come to me for help on her own.

Honestly though? I needed some help too.

That night when I went to my first party after breaking up with Miyoung, I did the dumbest thing I possibly could've. I got drunk and called her. Of course I did. On every girl's face, all I saw was Miyoung.

I woke up the next morning in her apartment. My head was pounding against my skull as I looked around immediately recognizing the space. I felt embarrassed. I hoped so badly that it was just a dream.

Crap.

"You're up," She said, leaning her hip on the doorway leading to the small kitchen.

I sat myself up in a sitting position despite the pain in my head and looked at her with a crooked smile. "Hey," I said almost as quiet as a whisper.

She pursed her glossy lips into an awkward smile and nodded as a greeting back.

"Sorry for uh, calling you." I groaned softly as I emerged from the couch. "I guess you were still on speed dial." I continued.

"That's okay. I'm glad you did." She said, her eyes glistening with hope.

I felt a smear of guilt. "I shouldn't have." I said, forcing a blank expression, facing her.

I watched the hope in her dark eyes disappear. She stepped closer to me, extending her arm to hold my hand. I let her.

Our hands fit together like two puzzle pieces. Perfect. I didn't ever want to let go but, I knew I had to.

"Tae, please give me another chance,"

I breathed in, looking away. "I— I'm sorry, Miyoung."

I let go of her hands. "I can't give someone who used me with no regard for my feelings a second chance. What would that make me?"

"A fool. That's what." I answered my own question for her.

She sighed. "I thought so." A sad smile fell on her petite face.

"I'll leave now. Thanks for letting me crash for the night." I turned away and walked to the door, running my finger through my messy hair.

"Hey," She called.

"Yeah?" I looked over my shoulder at her shifting her weight from one side to the other.

"Can I have one last kiss?" she asked, scratching the her arm lightly.

My heart felt a tug. I gave her a small smile.

"Yeah." I nodded and she shyly stood in front of me with pink cheeks.

She closed her eyes and pressed her soft lips on mine, holding my shoulders. It took me all I had in me not to deepen the kiss.

Such a familiar feeling. Damn it, I missed this.

Miyoung pulled away and looked down. "Thanks," she muttered.

"Bye, Miyoung." I turned the door knob and opened the door, feeling like my feet had weights tied to them. It took all I had in me to not look back and leave quietly but,

I did it. I was able to leave.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Yours;
My heart felt like there was an anchor crushing it and I didn't have the ability to remove it. Why was the universe doing this to me? What did I ever do that was that bad? Fall in love? I couldn't control that if I tried to.