24 - Birthday Girl

Yours;
It was finally my eighteenth birthday. I was legally allowed to be with Jimin by age but of course, I would still have to wait for graduation to really be allowed since he was my teacher. I woke up with a smile. I was determined to make the day a good one. Things were starting to get better. Taehyung had dumped Ms. Kang after the revelation of her true colours, Jungkook and I were finally back to normal and Jimin and I were kind of just.. together but not together.

I looked at the bathroom mirror, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I decided to wear a tight white shirt under an oversized flannel and loose jeans. I contemplated what to do with my hair and came to the decision to just leave it out. I applied light foundation and a little bit of concealer, cheek tint, mascara and lip gloss. Lastly, I wore the necklace Jimin gave me.

I grabbed my bag and headed down the stairs.

"Happy birthday, Areum sweetheart!" Jungkook's mom exclaimed, rushing over to give me a hug.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." My Dad smiled at me with a mouthful of pancakes.

"Thank you." I beamed, taking a seat at the dining table.

Mrs. Jeon placed a plate with pancakes in front of me followed by syrup. "Made specially for the birthday girl." She chimed, earning a giggle from me.

I looked around and noticed that the house was emptier than usual. "Where is everyone?" I asked dad as Mrs. Jeon scurried around the kitchen doing God knows what.

"Your mom had to go drop off your baby bro at school since he has basketball practice early today." Dad answered.

"Oh." I shaped my mouth into an O. "And Jungkook?" I asked, stuffing my mouth with the delicious pancakes.

"Same thing. Our boys are all sporty." Dad said with pride.

I smiled noticing that Dad refers to Jungkook as his own.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

When I arrived at school, I saw Hyerim and Nari talking to each other in front of my locker and walked towards them. When they saw me, they smiled widely before squealing, "Happy birthday!!"

I hugged and thanked them.

"When and where are you having the party?" Hyerim asked, getting straight to the point.

"Ah. I haven't thought about that. I don't think i'll have one." I shrugged.

"Um, no. You have to have a party! It's your 18th!" Hyerim complained, latching onto my arm.

"I don't know... I kind of just don't feel like it." I said.

"Nari, tell her to have a party." Hyerim demanded.

"A-ah, yeah you should have a party. It'll be fun." Nari said.

"I'll think about it." I sighed.

Later, just before I walked into the classroom for math, Jungkook spotted me and ran to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me once, lifting me off the ground. "Happy birthday!" He grinned, putting me down. I laughed.

In the corner of my eye I noticed Jimin glance at us. "Hey, I'll meet you inside okay?" I told Jungkook before he entered the class. I turned around slightly and walked over to him. He looked confused watching me come closer. He was wearing a loose blue button up, showing just the right and appropriate amount of chest for a school outfit, some dress pants and dress shoes. He looked handsome. Jimin held a clipboard in one hand and a coffee in the other.