20 - Miyoung and Jimin

2014
A couple years ago, Jimin was in teaching college preparing himself for his chosen career path. He would always be in the library, finishing up assignments and studying.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" a soft female voice asked.

He looked up from his book at the girl. She had short hair down to her shoulders, she was wearing round glasses, a sweater with a skirt and had books of her own in her hands.

"No, the seat is free. You can sit here," he smiled at her.

She smiled back, looking into his eyes for a second before sitting down. They both tried to focus on their work but every now and then, one of them would glance up at the other.

"I'm Jimin." He finally spat out, looking at the pretty girl.

As if she was relieved, the corners of her mouth curled up. "Miyoung." She stretched her arm across the table and shook his hand. They didn't let go of each other's hands for a few seconds longer than normal.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A few days later, Jimin was walking to his small apartment at the time. He was walking slowly, breathing in the fresh spring air. On his right, cherry blossoms and on his left, a few small stores.

"Hey!" He heard a familiar voice call out from behind him and a few quick footsteps.

He turned around and saw Miyoung, running towards him. He was surprised that he felt happy to see her. He smiled sweetly and walked towards her. When they were finally close to each other, she was panting, holding his arm.

"Jimin, right?" She asked, looking at him.

"Y-yeah." He answered.

"Do you remember my name?" she asked, pouting.

"Miyoung. How could I forget the girl from the library who kept drawing bunnies on her paper?" He said confidently smiling.

Miyoung bit her bottom lip and grinned sheepishly. "Let's walk." She then said, standing beside him.

They walked under the cherry blossoms together.

"So, where were you going?" She asked curiously.

"Home. You?" He looked up at the pink blossoms as he walked slowly.

"Me too. It's just around the corner over there."

"Really? Mine too." He said.

He noticed that she was still slightly out of breath and chuckled. He stopped walking and turned to face her. "Hey, do you wanna go get a juice or something?" he asked.

Her heart felt a tug. "I'd love to," She grabbed his wrist and began to march towards the little café across the street.

He looked down at her hand on his wrist and secretly smiled with pink ears.

They sat down across from each other and began to talk to each other. From official introductions to pointless topics like why the lady with the bright yellow hat diagonal from them was laughing so hard at her phone. After unexpectedly talking for hours at the café, they decided to go home.