6

I knew my mom would have lost it when she saw the news, but I never expected her to lose it to this extent...

"Did you really date Jungkook? Are you dating him now?," she asked me as soon as I walked in the door.

Nice. That's the first thing she wants to know.

"Yes, and no." My heart shattered when I said no.

That brought a smile to her face. What is this woman?

Then she started hitting me with the ladle in her hand all the while shouting stuff like, "you insolent daughter! Do you know how badly your reputation is ruined?" And, "who's going to marry you now?", "how will the world forget this now that you are going to be dancing and singing like you aren't even ashamed?"

That did it.

"Ashamed? Ashamed of what? Loving him? Then I guess only I should be ashamed since it was one sided after all. But if I should be ashamed of dating him, he should be too!"

And with that, all the strength went from my limbs and I fell to the ground, sobbing.

Before I knew it, my mom was cooing me. "I'm sorry. Shush, now."

I don't know how long we both sat on the floor of the kitchen, her silently encasing me and me sobbing like a dying whale.

After what seemed like an eternity, I said, "I'll have to move in with the rest of the members in a dorm. Is that okay with you?," I paused and then said, "I guess that solves your problem of having your boyfriend move in."

"Y/n...," she said.

I just smiled at her. "I need to fix this mess. And honestly if I stay here, I'll put you and Minho in danger. You don't know how crazy the sasaengs are. Don't worry. I'll visit you."

And my mom, wiping her own tears, hugged me.

"I'm sorry that you have had to work because I couldn't earn enough. If only I had been a better mom, you wouldn't have worked at all and wouldn't be in this mess."

"No mom. I'm glad I got that job. It's my dream job. I'm so grateful to have gotten the opportunity to be this close to BTS. Don't put yourself down," I kissed her cheek, "I love you, okay?"

She smiled and then I nudged her, "besides, I'm gonna earn a buttload of cash to pay dad's debts," and made a proud face.

She laughed. One person down.

Now I had to face school tomorrow. And Yoona.

As much as I wanted to clear things with Yoona, I was dreading going to school. It was going to be the first time I went out after the news.

Would at least Yoona believe me?

Of course she would! She knows me the best. She's my best friend...

And guilt rose like a monster in my chest. I hadn't been a very honest friend.

Maybe this was why I was being punished.

As soon as I walked inside the premises of the school, I was aware of the haunting whispers. They all fell silent when I looked their way but started again once I turned away. I guess being a BigHit trainee was coming in handy since no one came up to me and bitch slapped the crap out of me.

May be that was too soon because I saw Yoona walk up to me, expression less. Then without stopping to look around, she slapped me straight across the face.

My head turned to the right on impact and I saw Jungkook... witnessing the slap.

All the whispers died down and every eye was on Yoona and I.

"How dare you?," she said through clenched teeth. "I thought we were friends."

My breathing accelerated and no words came out.

"You had a million chances to tell me you were working for BigHit, but you didn't. There were times I asked you and you lied to my face! Work? You never even told me you were fucking with my bias! MY BIAS! You didn't even like him!! You had 6 others to fool around with but you had to take my bias? I was a fool to have thought you were a friend. All those times you were pitiable when you cried about not being able to go to their concert or fan signs, I believed you. Hell I even got you tickets and everything. And what did I get in return? Lies and betrayal."

My head was bowed down in shame. She was right. It was my fault I didn't trust her enough to share the news with her.

But she was my best friend. I know she wouldn't believe me but I did intend to tell her... I just never got the chance after I'd wasted so many opportunities to tell her before.

"Yoona... listen to me...," I said in a feeble attempt to reach out but she pushed me with so much force that I fell backwards.

...but I never hit the ground.

"S-sunbae!," I said.

"Yoona, just hear her out. Don't be rash. She is your friend. She must have had a good reason, her mother didn't know either."

"But you knew. Didn't you?"

Sunbae fell silent.

"Kureokuna (that's how it is, huh)"

"Yoona...," I said once again.

"She did intend to tell you," someone spoke. I could tell who it was without even looking. I could tell his voice apart from all the noise. I could tell who it was even if I was dead: Jungkook.

And then he walked up to us, eyes on me. Then he grabbed my arm and yanked me forward unkindly. I fell out of sunbae's arm. Um? I wasn't aware that sunbae was holding me.

Then he raised my arm as if advocating me.

"I remember one time you called her while she was doing my make up. And she felt sorry about lying but she had no choice because she had signed a non disclosure agreement with the company. Her sunbae knows this is because he is an annoying busybody. And as for the dating rumor, she didn't betray you. Didn't you know she likes older guys?"

And he dropped my arm, looked at me and sunbae with deadly eyes... and stalked off.

What the hell?
Why did he do that for me? Heh must have hurt his ego to have Yoona think he dated me.

He could have said all that without yanking my arm from its socket!

He's still as unreasonable as ever.

Double update as promised!

Vote, share and comment!! ❤