38

Jungkook's POV:

She had left.

She was gone.

I willed myself to run after her but someone grabbed my hand.

"No, Jungkook. Let her go," Jimin hyung said.

I turned around to jerk my hand away, for I knew why he was stopping me.

But he said, sighing, "For now. It will only make things worse right now. We need to look at things objectively and tackle this step by step."

I stared at him, reading his eyes.

Finally, Bang PD-nim broke the silence.

"He's right, Jungkook. Calm down first."

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I WANT HER BACK! I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE! I JUST WANT TO FIX THINGS WITH HER!," I was screaming because nobody understood. It was driving me crazy.

Taehyung hyung pulled my hand and made me sit and then exhaled loudly. "Okay, we know that. Then, have you broken up with IU? Have you explained it to her? We have to officially make a statement about the break up before you can pursue y/n. Do you not understand that?"

I blinked twice when his words slowly made sense to me.

"Jungkook, it is my duty to protect you, but so it is mine to protect y/n. Right now, all we have to do is protect her, that is our priority. If you dump IU and run for y/n right after, this will make her look bad and it would affect your image as well. Please, calm down and think about her, if you can't about yourself and your members," Bang PD-nim said.

I looked at the door from where she had left and sighed. "Fine. What do you want me to do?"

"We need to release a statement about yesterday's event. But we can't do that without bringing your feelings in it," He said. "So we're back to square one."

"Well, let's just do what y/n advised for me," RM hyung said after a while.

"You mean like a press conference? Again?," Jimin hyung said.

"This situation has two problems tied together. We can't tackle them separately. The hate thrown at Y/n was because of Jungkook, and addressing that issue would inevitably raise the question about their relationship again. And while answering that, we would be back to square one literally because we would have to repeat the fact they haven't been dating but at the same time, justifying Jungkook's actions - which would completely overrule the previous statement and cause even more harm to Y/n. Worse still, Jungkook does not come off good in this situation either because that would prove he played IU while still being in love with y/n."

I felt my hands grow cold as it hit me: I had caused harm to everyone. My actions had not only hurt ducky, they also hurt my members and my company.

"And the funny part is, your fans will completely side with you and after a while, even understand you. Yet our career is gone out the window and y/n would get hate for the rest of her life," Mina said, looking at me with cold eyes.

But then RM put a hand on her shoulder and smiled, "there may be a way out of this for everyone."

"What- How?," she asked.

"By starting fucking being true to ourselves," he looked at me and then at Bang PD-nim. (I bet y'all read that wrong)

"To be honest, we can't get out of this by lying any more. They all suspected about y/n and Jungkook and they were right. It would give them leverage if we admit it, bit it would be an altogether different feat if Jungkook admits it."

"What do you mean? How is that different?," Jin hyung spoke. "Sending Jungkook there would bring him hate. I don't think that's a good idea."

"All Jungkook has to do is sway the public. Tell me this, hearing his side of the story... doesn't it make you sympathize with him?"

Jin hyung nodded slightly.

"Now what if, he tells everything in the press conference and admits his love for y/n there? That would melt everyone that he's sorry for the mess he made and is trying to get the girl back."

I looked up at him. "What about y/n? Admitting my love would bring hate..."

"No, when you tell everyone that it was your mistake and your idea to break up, it won't. And honestly, she is getting hate even without you dating her. At least with you, if you ask your fans like I asked mine, they would respect your choice because they love you. Have some faith in ARMY, Jungkook. If they knew you loved her, they wouldn't hurt her because that would hurt you."

There was silence as everybody chewed on what RM hyung had said.

"That does sound better than lying about it all," Bang PD-nim said.

"But what about us? I don't think we'll get past what happened yesterday," Mina said. "Maybe they'd understand Jungkook, but no one would stan us. As his girlfriend, they wouldn't throw shade at her but as an idol, they wouldn't hold back."

"I really think the damage is irreversible," Minjoo said, shaking her head.

I was about to say something, when suddenly the door opened and y/n walked in.

She walked straight to Bang Pd-nim and bowed slightly.

"I want to quit being an idol."

A/n: boring update ik but story progression ugh-

Lmao I just realized Jungkook fucked up real bad 😅