39

Your POV:

The camera flashed in my eyes and I jumped.

Oh right, I am in the press conference.

I knew what I wanted to do, what I needed to do.

"As you all know we are here today to address the issue about anti fans attacking our artist. We will also clarify something you didn't know. That, I'll leave to Jungkook; I'm here to say, I'm pressing charges against the people who assaulted y/n," Bang PD-nim said in a booming voice and we were met with a silence only broken by the sounds of clicking of photos.

I sat quietly, bowing my head in an attempt to hide my tears. I was touched beyond words that Bang PD-nim would do that for me.

Jungkook cleared his throat. Then said, "I know everyone is wondering why I ran up on the stage the other day, but to be honest, didn't you already know?," he flashed his bunny smile to the audience.

"Isn't that why you all have been torturing y/n noona? Because you all KNEW she and I were involved? It's funny that when I said we weren't, nobody believed me and y/n noona was implicated. Well, it was a lie."

My head shot up to Jungkook. What the hell is he doing?

I looked at Bang PD-nim who nodded reassuringly.

"What can I expect from ARMYs? They always blow us away with their theories and crack the hints even we didn't know were there," he smiled ruefully. Somehow, that broke my heart even more.

There was a silence as he gathered his thoughts.

"When I said there was nothing going on between me and noona, I wasn't really surprised when ARMYs read between the lines. Although I was disappointed, I'd say. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll get to my wrongdoing, I was just shocked that ARMY won't believe me. It's not that I lied, it's that they didn't know that but they still hurt noona believing I was lying.

"I know I lied and don't deserve to say this, but I had to get it off my chest: it hurt that ARMY didn't believe me. I wonder what else they don't believe when I say something."

Where was he going with this? This will anger his fans and bring hate towards him. That's not a sacrifice, that's just stupid!!

He sighed.

"So yes, I lied. I did date y/n."

Goddammit Jeon Jungkook! Just write my name on a piece of paper and drag it through shit!

"And I denied it because I was a lowly coward. I know she won't believe it and neither will you, but a small part of me hoped it would clear y/n noona's name if I denied being involved with her. Yes, a bigger part was scared about my future, but nonetheless, I lied.

"But the worst part isn't that I lost noona, it's that for a crime I committed, she is suffering. If anyone deserves scrutiny, it should be me. I was the one who fell for her, asked her out, dated her... and left her and then lied. She absolutely had no say in anything yet she's suffering from the day she's been with me."

I couldn't look at him anymore so I kept my eyes trained on the hands in my lap.

"Then comes the fact I dated IU. When the video for Poison Ivy's rendition of Butterfly was released, almost all the comments were bashing y/n noona. Very few actually appreciated the talent EVERYBODY displayed. All the focus was on noona and not the one she deserved. And half of those comments linked her with me still... that's when I figured if I lied about moving on this fast, this would definitely mean we never dated.