two

Ella | Starbucks

I was still at Starbucks with Mariana. We were talking about everything from school, to movies, to food, just everything.

This is one of the main things that I love Mariana, she gets my randomness and doesn't pretend to. She's random just as much as I am, maybe even more. Our conversations can go for hours.

Which is why when my phone rang, we both stopped to look at it. It felt like my heart sank to my stomach and I looked at the caller ID.

Gracie Maie

The phone stopped ringing then rang again, causing me to look at Mariana who gestured for me to pick it up, so I did.

"Uh, hello?"

Mariana dead panned herself.

"Where the hell are you, Ella?"

Because I haven't spoken to her in three months, her voice sounded so foreign to me. it was full of anger but foreign.

"Uh a-at Starbucks."

Mariana mouthed "grow some balls!" to me causing me to flip her off.

"Starbucks? You don't need to be at Starbucks, fat ass! Get your ass home right now and- "

I don't know what came over me but, as soon as the words fat ass escaped her mouth, I got angry. I could feel my ears getting warm.

"I will be home soon, Gracie. I'm pretty sure you and Grayson can survive without me until I get there."

"Excuse me? Who the fuck- "

I quickly hung up then looked at my phone in shock, not believing that I just did that. Mariana was smiling and clapping like an idiot.

"Awe, baby, I'm so proud of you!" She praised me.

"No. No no no, what did I just do."

The smile slowly slid off of her face and a frown appeared.

"What do ya mean? You just stood up to that bitch."

"No, that was bad, Mariana. She's going to kill me for real now."

She sighed.

"Hey, look at me.

I looked at my best friend.

"No. You did great. You're a brand-new person. That old Ella Grace is gone. She was a pushover and too innocent. Now, I'm not saying to become a complete badass, but you needed this. Old Ella Grace needed to leave. You would have never made it in life with her, even though I loved her as well, I love this new you more. Trust me, this is for the best."

I nodded while slowly taking in her words.

"Okay."

"Now take a deep breath, order you some coffee, take the longest route to your house and see what your bitch ass sister wants. Don't forget you have pepper spray on your key chain, if you need to, use it and run. Call me and I'll be over there quicker than The Flash."

I laughed at her bad joke.

"Okay."

We both got up from the booth and hugged.

"Call me, got it?" She said while grabbing her coffee.

"Yep. Love you."

"Love you too, girlie."

She left out of the shop after pointing to my pepper spray and I headed up to the counter, ordering me a latte.

I walked out and got in my car. I closed the door and put my coffee in the cup holder, while breathing heavy. Not from the walk, but because I was nervous. I felt like I was about to throw up the nothing that was in my stomach.

I backed into the garage and sighed when I noticed that both of my siblings were here. I cut the engine and took a deep breath. Holding my coffee in one hand and keys in the other, I unlocked the garage door and walked in, instantly hearing Gracie.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL THAT FAT ASS MR. KRABS!"

I closed the door behind me, making sure to make some noise.

"ELLA FUCKING GR- whoa."

She was standing in the doorway with Grayson beside her, both of them in shock while looking at my new shape.

"Wow, Ella, you look...woah." Grayson said while looking at me in shock.

"Fat? Like Mr. Krabs? I know."

I leaned against the counter while sipping my latte and trying to ignore my fast beating heart that felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.

"No, you look amazing." Gracie said.

"Oh really? I would hope so, it took three months, my best friend, uh your bullying and um...what else? Oh right, me trying to kill myself!" I screamed at them.

Their faces dropped.

"What? You tried to k-kill yourself? Grayson stuttered.

"Yes, because of you! You and your stupid friends! You beat me halfway to death, literally! How could you do that, to your own damn sister." I said.

My voice began cracking, letting myself and them know that I was on the verge of crying.

"I'm sorry, Ella." Gracie said softly.

"Me too." Grayson said.

"STOP LYING!" I screamed

They jumped as I threw a plate down, shattering it.

"Please, Ella. Believe us, we are sorry." Gracie pleaded.

"Oh yeah? Since when? Since I said that I tried to kill myself? Let me ask you guys something, what if I never said that, hm? Would you still be sorry then?" I asked.

They opened their mouths to say something, but nothing came out.

"Didn't think so. You guys bullied me, beat me, bruised me, and I'm your sister! Your own flesh and fucking blood! Who does that shit!?" I screamed, again.

"I didn't do anything, I never laid a hand on you." Grayson said.

"Exactly!" I screamed.

I felt like I was going crazy. I could feel a smile coming onto my face.

That's a sign of craziness, right?

"That's exactly what you did! Nothing! Not once did you help me, Grayson. You're suppose to be my big brother and big brothers protect their little sisters, but you...you did the complete opposite." My voice went soft at the end.

He ran a hand through his hair and walked out, going out of eyesight. I shook my head at looked at the girl who is my sister.

"And you...you are a horrible person, a shitty person. You nearly killed me, your sister. I- "

She broke down crying, which stopped me mid-sentence.

"I-I know! I'm so sorry!" Gracie sobbed.

She fell to the floor and continued to cry with her face in her hands.

I didn't know what to do. There's the part of me that's still mad at her, then it's the part of me that says, "she's your sister no matter what, comfort her".

I didn't know which part of me to listen to.

-  -  -  -

Chapter Two

Gracie Below :