twenty three

Ella's Chapter Outfit Above

Ella | Wednesday

Yesterday I was surprised that Blake answered my questions. But what I was more surprised that he took me somewhere.

And on his motorcycle or should I say death trap because either one works.

Word is no girls ever been on his bike-- or in his bed. And I wasn't planning on getting in his bed anytime soon. 

Or ever.

But I was on his motorcycle.

Tonight is the game and Kelly and I are going to it. 

When Kelly told me her crush was Grayson, I was speechless. Not because he's a jock or something but because he's my brother. None of my friends has ever had crushes on my brother before. 

Well that's because I've never had friends, but still. 

I supported Kelly and her crush of course. I wasn't going to tell her you can't like my brother. I just hope that he doesn't show her any attention.

Not like that, it's just I know my brother. He's only using his current girlfriend for the sex. Not once has he kissed her and I don't want that happening to Kelly. I can't count how many times I've seen girls leaving our house in tears. 

My birthday is in two days and Gracie is more excited than I am. She's been talking about possible gifts she might get me. She's talking about inviting a lot of people over. The good thing is, I haven't really been listening because I'm uninterested really. 

Yeah sure, I'm excited about my birthday but not as nearly as much as Gracie.

Today was Wednesday and it was the game, I had to leave earlier because I was picking Kelly up. 

I slipped my glasses ontop of my head and grabbed my bookbag, heading downstairs. I was surprised to find Gracie in the kitchen at 7:45 since she never comes down before eight.

"Hey." I said, yawning.

"Morning. Are y-" I cut her off.

"You've been asking me that since Tuesday." 

"I mean you're finally going to be seventeen!" She said, grinning.

"Yes. Seventeen, not eighteen. Plus nerds don't get excited for their birthday." I said, shrugging.

"Yeah but you're a different kind of nerd. You're my sister!"

I sighed, shaking my head.

"You're crazy."

I grabbed a granola bar. 

"Yes, I am. Are you coming to the game?"

"Yeah, Kelly and I."

"For Mariana?" She literally spat her name out, making me confused.

"Don't you like her?"

"Not anymore. Not since she ditched you for us." She said, nearly throwing her bowl into the sink.

"She ditched me for the cheer team?" I said, almost hurt.

I knew it was true when she stopped sitting with us but I guess I just didn't want to admit it to myself. I thought she was still my best friend but we weren't friends at all. We weren't even acquaintances. 

We're just old friends.

"Yes, Ella. Aria is her new best friend. I'm sorry." She said, genuinely sounding sad.