fifty seven

Prom Night

Ella | Home

I sighed while sitting on my bed, looking at the prom dress that laid on my bed beside of me.

Tonight was prom night and I was excited. I'm going with my boyfriend/crush and he actually seemed to be excited about it as well. Since he asked me to the prom, he's always made sure to somehow let me know that he can't wait to see me in my dress.

That always tends to make my day.

"Ella Grace!" Gracie said, entering my room with a makeup brush in hand.

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you getting dressed?"

"It's not time for me to get dressed yet." I said, shrugging.

"Prom starts at eight, and it's six-thirty."

"Exactly. I can start getting dressed at seven. It won't take me long, plus the guys aren't supposed to be here until seven forty-five."

"Okay yes, but what if you run into an incident and don't have time to fix it? Anything can happen on prom night, my dear sister." She said, patting her head.

"I guess so."

"I know so. Come into my room, all the rest of us are getting dressed in there, even Kelly."

While the guys were getting ready at Blake and Ace's house, the girls were getting ready at our house.

"Okay, I'm coming." I said, getting up and grabbing my dress.

"Don't put it on yet. We're just doing hair and makeup right now, come on. I'm doing your makeup, whatever way you want it." She said, grabbing my hand as I released my dress bag.

"I still can't believe you won't show me your dress. I'm anxious to see it." She said, frowning, making me laugh.

"You're not the only one who hasn't seen it yet, Kelly hasn't either and neither has Blake."

"Yeah but I mean, I'm your sister."

"You'll live. You won't have to wait too long." I said, laughing.

"Ugh, you're unbelievable." She said, groaning.

"So I've been told." I said, entering her room.

I smiled at Kelly who was sitting on the bed with rollers in her head.

"Hey, are ya excited for prom?"

"I actually am. This day can't get any better." I said, grinning.

"Can't it though?" Ashley said, smirking.

Gracie's room was packed, which made it a good thing that it was big. Inside of it were me, Gracie, Kelly, Ashley, and Kenzie.

"It could, I suppose." Kenzie said, shrugging.

"So how do you want your makeup?" Gracie said, plopping me down in front of her vanity.

"Light with a bit of deep red. It's going to match my dress." I said, smiling.

"Ooh, that sounds gorgeous already. These are all of the reds I own, which one is closest to your dress?" She asked, laying out a makeup pallet that was full of red.

Woah.

"Uh, that one is right on spot." I said, pointing at the not dark, but not light red.

"Oh! Great! So, earlier I bought some makeup just for tonight because you, my dear sister, is going all out for prom night." She said, grabbing a new set of brushes.