three

Ella | Kitchen

It was silent, well besides the hiccups coming from Gracie.

The three of us siblings were in the kitchen; me on the counter top, Gracie sitting at the kitchen table, and Grayson sitting with his back against the wall, on the floor.

It was like no one knew what to say, or whether to say something.

"There's no way to make it up to you, is there?" Gracie asked with a soft voice.

I looked over at her and into her bloodshot red eyes.

"I resent you two so much that it's unreal. I wanted to move out while you were on your trip and never see you again, but something held me back. It wasn't the weight lost, or resetting my mind basically, but... it was my love for you guys. I hate you guys, I really do, but I also still love you two a bit, so...maybe it might be. I just don't know what way." I replied.

"Ella?" Grayson asked.

I looked over at him to see him wiping tears from his face, which shocked me.

One thing about Grayson is that he doesn't cry. Never. He never cried when he got his wisdom teeth pulled, he never cried when he witnessed my beatings, he never cried when he fell and broke his leg, he just never cries. So it surprised me.

"Yeah?"

"Can you ever forgive us?" He asked?

Forgive.

I haven't thought about that word yet. I haven't thought about if I wanted to yet or not.

"I haven't thought about that yet, as you know, you really hurt me. Not just physically but mentally too." I replied.

It went silent again.

Well until Gracie's stomach rumbled.

I sighed and jumped down.

"I'll make dinner." I said.

"No." Gracie said.

I looked over at her.

"I always make dinner." I said, confused.

"Because we forced you to, we'll make it." Grayson said.

"Yeah, we'll call you down when it's done." Gracie said.

"I think I'll sit here, you know, making sure you don't burn down the house." I said.

They let out small laughs.

"Hey, just because we can't cook as good as you, doesn't mean we can't." Grayson said.

"You think I cook good?" I asked.

"Do we? Oh my God, your pork chop is amazing!" Gracie said.

"And your oven friend chicken, don't even get me started on it." Grayson said.

I fought a smile off my face.

"I didn't know you paid so much attention to my cooking." I said in shock.

"Oh yeah we do. We love your cooking, it's so good." Grayson said.

"Yeah and I think it's safe to say that we're glad that we're the only ones whose had it." Gracie said.

"Why?" I asked.

"So then, nobody knows what it tastes like and we can continue to brag." Grayson said with a small smirk.

"Yeah." Gracie agreed.

"Okay I am in shock." I said.

They laughed and I let out a small smile, not realizing it.

I watched as they began to fight over the box of macaroni and cheese.

"Give it here, Grayson!" Gracie screamed.

"Let it go, Gracie!" Grayson screamed back.

I laughed as the box came apart and all of the contents spilled out and onto the floor.

"Ugh!" They screamed in unison.

They looked at each other.

"Stop that!...I said it first...no I did!...ugh, Ella!" They screamed in unison before looking at me in the end.

I laughed at the two immature twins.

"Okay you babies, I will just order Chinese. You guys clean this up." I said with a smile.

I got ready to grab my latte but Grayson grabbed it before I could and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Rude." I said.

He took a sip from it, made a face, then spit it out. Gracie just happened to be walking by at the wrong time and got a face, neck and chest full of latte spit, causing her to gasp.

"Grayson! You asshole!" Gracie screamed at him.

She jumped on him, causing him to drop my latte and causing me to pout.

I watched over the island as they wrestled on the floor.

"Hm, very entertaining." I said.

Grayson made a girlie scream.

"Ella! Make her stop, she's hurting me!" He whined in a baby voice.

Gracie had him in a headlock while pulling on his hair.

I shook my head at my older siblings.

"Okay Gracie, that's enough. He's becoming a big baby." I said.

They jumped up at the same time.

"You know, you two are the rudest siblings anyone can have." Grayson said.

He made a face before going out of the kitchen, causing Gracie and I to shake our heads.

"Okay then. I will go and order Chinese, your usual? I asked her while she grabbed the broom and mop.

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Okay then, I'll be in my room."

"Okay, I'll get to cleaning this up."

"Alright."

I got about to the doorway when she called me back. I looked back at her.

"You really do look beautiful, and I really am sorry."

I gave her a tight smile before heading up the stairs. 

-  -  -  -

Chapter Three

Grayson Below :