seventeen

Blake | 5th Period

I had no fifth period, so I can go home early. Which didn't really matter since I skipped school a lot anyways. 

Earlier, I told Ella part of the reason why I broke up with Hailee. Yes, I did break up with her because we had it coming, but the main reason was for what she did to Ella.

Usually when Hailee bullied some nerd, I didn't care. In fact, I didn't give two fucks. But, with Ella, it was different. I was angry and I wanted to do so much more than just break up with her. She deserved more than that.

I slipped my AP Biology book into my bookbag and zipped it up. I closed my locker and headed outside of the school, going to my motorcycle. 

I was ready to get home, smoke and play the game. It's not like I have something better to do. 

Surprisingly, no one was throwing a party this weekend. Probably because Ciara and Tiara threw one last Friday, before school started. But still.

"Blake!" 

I heard Ace calling my name, causing me to turn around to see a football coming my way. I jogged backwards and caught the spiral before throwing it back to Ace who was coming my way with Grayson behind him and Jonah beside him. 

"Ah, good arm." Ace groaned.

"Well, that is why he's captain." Jonah said. 

"What up, yall." I said, leaning against a random car.

"I'm throwing a little uh, football gathering, I could say. Uh, you coming?" Grayson asked.

"Isn't your sister going to be there? That probably means Hailee will be there." I stated, pulling out a cigarette, unconsciously looking for Ella.

Ever since Ella threw away my pack, whenever I pull out a cigarette I look to make sure Ella is around so I can put the pack away before she tosses the bitch.

"My sister will be there but not Gracie. She's going to Hailee's for some uh girls night. At least that's what I think she said." Grayson said, in deep thought.

"So Ella will be there?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah. She never goes anywhere." Grayson said, shrugging.

"Do you think she's a virgin?" Jonah asked, almost like he was daydreaming about her.

Before anyone could blink, I had Jonah's shirt in my hands. 

"What the fuck did you just say?" I asked in a low voice.

His eyes were wide and he was blinking, fear was written all over his face.

"N-Nothing, Blake." Jonah stuttered.

"I didn't think so." I spat, dropping him.

"I take it you're not going?" Ace asked.

"I don't know. If I pop up, I do." I spat, still angry at the fact that Jonah had the balls to say something like that in front of not only me, but Grayson as well.

"So, your usual?" Ace asked.

"Yeah." I said. 

Grayson was about to say something but we heard Ella's soft voice before he could.

"Uh, you're on my car." She said, causing us all to look at her bruised face that was surrounded by her hair as she looked down at her black shoes.

"Why aren't you in class, Ella?" Grayson asked.

"I uh, I finished my work early, so I could leave." Ella said.

"Class just started like fifteen minutes ago." Ace said.