eighteen

Ella | 7:05 pm

As soon as I came home, I took a shower and got into my comfy clothes, which is just a tank top and some sweat pants, and iced my bruises. Focusing mainly on the ones on my face.

Gracie came home after school and demanded to know what happened but I faked sleep. Thankfully, Grayson was home and stopped her from "waking me up". 

I knew Gracie only meant well but Hailee is her captain. She can kick her off the squad whenever she wants, I think, and I don't want to be the reason for it. Cheering is important to Gracie, nearly as important as money.

And that girl loves her money. 

I've gotten a few texts from Kelly saying Mariana left her at school and she had to ride the bus home, she hopes I'm okay, and she hopes the "pole" gets what it deserves. 

It's sad how I'm beginning to feel closer to Kelly than I am to Mariana.

Not once did I get a text, call or anything from Mariana. She can't tell me that she didn't know because the entire school knows from that "cafeteria scene". 

I was really hoping that our friendship wouldn't fall apart, but seeing as how I got beat up because of her, I think it might be.

I groaned softly while opening my eyes and sitting up, looking at all of the ice packs that's laying on my bed.

Earlier after my shower, I had fell asleep and was just waking back up.

I reached over and grabbed my phone, seeing yet another message from Kelly. 

"She didn't come of course. Ig she was too busy with her "friends." 

I sent back a reply.

"I'm sorry. How about you and I do something tomorrow or Sunday?"

I put my phone back down and stood up, wanting to look at my face again. I went to the mirror that was on the wall between the door to my closet and the door to my bathroom. The bruises had darkened and were definitely visible and would be Satan to cover up. My nose had some dried blood underneath it, telling me that it must've bled when I was asleep. My lip was busted and still red. My pale face looked paler with all the bruises and redness on it. 

After washing my face and putting my hair into a messy bun with loose strands, I was collecting the ice packs from my bed with my fuzzy bunny slippers on my feet. I slipped my phone into my pocket and left out of my room, quietly headed downstairs. 

I heard the tv on and laughing which let me know we had company.

Oh yeah, some of the team was coming over.

I got to the bottom of the steps which got the attention of Jonah, one of the players. 

"Hey, Ella." He said.

Some of the other players turned my way and the others kept their eyes on the tv.

"Ella, how are you feeling?" Grayson asked from the couch.

"I'm fine, I guess." I said, quickly heading into the kitchen.

I was never the one for attention. In fact, I hated when more than four people (strangers basically) had their eyes on me at a time. 

I sighed and put the ice packs in the freezer. I then went to the cabinets looking for something to eat since I was hungry.

"You won't find anything in there, I already checked."