thirty five

Unedited

Ella | School

Last night was amazing

I got my first kiss and by Blake Millers.

You sound like you're fan-girling.

 I do don't I *sighs*

I never thought that I would even kiss him. I mean who would?

I parked in my designated spot and quickly got out. I ran into the school entrance while remotely locking my car. I went into the office to get a late slip. 

What would I say because I certainly couldn't say "I went out last night, fall asleep in the woods, then had to go home and get dressed, then come to school." 

Just say you overslept. 

Well, that is basically true.

I opened the office door and slowly stepped inside, seeing a few seniors who were trouble makers. 

"Ella, are you late dear?" The secretary, Mrs. Clark asked.

Mrs. Clark was a sweet elderly lady. I help her out in my free time with filing or anything else she needs.

"Yes." I said, blushing.

I heard the teenagers behind me snickering, causing my face to get even redder.

"This is a first. May I ask why?" She said, grabbing a pen.

"I uh...overslept." 

I hated lying, so when I said overslept, I nearly spat it out.

"Overslept. Not excused, so you will have to make this up."

"I know. Do you need any help today?" 

"I actually need a fill in for fifth period. Are you still ahead in class?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay. I will contact Mr. Lamonus and see if you can be in here for fifth."

"Alright."

After getting my unexcused tardy slip, I was on my way to class. 

I knocked before opening the door and ducking my head low once I noticed the class staring at me. I handed my teacher the note before quickly heading to my seat.

"Unexcused, you'll have to make that up." 

Oh great, all attention was drawn to me again.

"I know." I replied, softly.

I sighed once everyone went back to their work. 

"Um excuse me but where the hell were you at?"

The teacher had us sitting in order by our last names, so while Kelly was in the middle-back, I was in the front with Gracie, who sat to my right.

"Um, home. Where else?" I nervously answered.

I was hoping Gracie didn't go back home all night and that my excuse worked.

"I might not have been home but our alarm system is a snitch." She said, sipping her Starbucks.

That looks so good right now.

I was starving since I couldn't eat breakfast from the lack of time.

"I um...I was at Kelly's?" I said, making it come out as a question instead of a statement.