twenty nine

Ella's Birthday Outfit Above

Ella | Car

I was upset and a little hurt.

Kelly and I got dolled up to go to the restaurant just for my brother and sister not to show up. I was upset because we waited over an hour, one hour and ten minutes to be exact just for them to not show. I called them and got no reply for both of them. Voicemail after voicemail.

I was hurt because they forget about us. It's like old times, they promise something and then break the promise. They get my hopes up just for them to crush them. 

Kelly was spending the night at my house tonight because one, she's never been to my house, well the inside to be exact, two, she says I needed "comforting". She doesn't want me to try and kill them, and three, it was already planned. While we were getting dressed, we were talking and I asked if she wanted to spend the night. She said yes and here we are now.

I pulled into the garage and cut the engine while wiping my eyes.

I silently cried all the way here. I was so close to forgiving them and then this happens. 

"I know you're not okay but if it helps, I got you something." Kelly said with a gentle smile.

I looked over at her with a smile.

"Kind of." 

"Let's go inside then I'll give it to you."

"Alright."

We stepped out of the car and headed to the garage. I got ready to put my key in but I noticed it was a key already broken off in it. 

"What the..." I trailed off, causing Kelly to look at the key hole.

"Who did that?" 

" I don't know. I'm usually the one doing it. Come on, let's just go around front." 

We walked out of the garage and to the front door. I unlocked it and we went inside, it was pitch dark, which made me nervous because we never leave it pitch dark because Gracie is afraid of a pitch dark house.

"Hey Ella?" Kelly asked.

We began walking into the living room.

"Yeah?"

I screamed and nearly jumped out of my skin as all of the lights cut on and people jumped out from nearly every spot in the living room, hallway and kitchen.

"SURPRISE!" They all screamed.

"I almost thought you weren't going to make it." Gracie said, coming from the living room area with Grayson with a Birthday Girl banner in her hands.

"You freaking stood us up!" I screamed at them.

"Yeah because of this. That was a distraction." Grayson said.

I am so stupid.

How didn't I notice that? 

"I feel so stupid." I said, laughing and holding my head in embarrassment.

"Don't. You're smarter than Gracie and I combined." Grayson said, making Gracie hit him.

"Shut up. I'm smart." Gracie mumbled.

I looked at Kelly.

"You knew about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, I had to make sure you didn't come back here before six." She said, laughing.