eight

Semi edited

Ella | End of The Day

My first day was horrible and I couldn't wait to get home and cuddle underneath my blanket while blaring Russ from my Bluetooth speakers and doing my homework.

I was so ready to do my homework, in fact, I was really looking forward to it. 

I was currently grabbing some papers and books from my locker while also waiting for Mariana whose locker was right beside mine. Yeah, we were pretty happy about that. 

I heard her laugh which made me look up from rummaging through one of my folders. I saw her coming my way with a pretty blonde head beside her. They reached me and Mariana pulled me into one of her "I'm trying to kill you" hugs.

"Okay okay, you're killing me." I squeaked out.

She laughed and released.

"Sorry. I'm really happy to see you." 

I shot her a smile as I pulled a thick packet from my folder.

"I'm happy to see you too." I said.

She grabbed the blonde girl by her wrist, pulling her forward.

"This is Kelly. Remember, I told you about her at lunch." Mariana had a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah, I remember. Hi, I'm-" I got cut off by who I now know is Kelly.

"The twins little sister, Ella. Yeah, I remember you from last year." Kelly said.

The air instantly went awkward after that last sentence.

"Anyways, uh, I'm also dropping Kelly off...if that's okay?" Mariana quickly added the last part.

"Ana, it's fine. It's your car." I let out a small laugh while slipping some papers into my bookbag. 

"Are you sure? Because I ca-" Kelly started but I cut her off.

"Kelly, it's fine. I promise." I said with a slight smile on my face.

"Okay." They replied in unison.

I put the lock back onto my locker and walked out of the building with them.

"So what's it like being related to the most gorgeous twins in this school?" Kelly said.

I didn't really have a reply to that because my sibling were assholes to me for as long as I can remember, so instead, I settled with small shrug and short reply.

"Fine I guess."

She left it at that which I was pretty thankful for. 

We reached Mariana's Toyota Camry and she unlocked the doors as we reached hand length. I slid into the front and Kelly into the back. Mariana started her engine and put her gear into drive as I buckled up. 

"Are you driving tomorrow? Mariana asked me as she pulled out.

"Hopefully. I don't want to keep wasting your gas and all." I replied, causing her to laugh.

"You're my best friend, I don't care if I run my gas out because of you. I know you're going to replace it." She smiled.

I laughed.

"Eh, yeah that's true. Speaking of-" I replied while grabbing a ten from my pocket. 

"Thanks for the ride, girlie." I said while handing her the money.

She grabbed it and put it into her glove compartment between the seats without looking from the road.

"Of course. If you need another one, just call or text." She said while bobbing her head to an invisible beat.

You see what I meant by she's random?

"I will. Hey Kelly, do you drive?" I asked.

"Not yet. I can't pass that stupid test." She replied. 

"You can always come to me or Ella for help, we'll be happy to help you with it if needed." Mariana said.

I like how she just volunteers my services.

Note my sarcasm.

"Uh yeah. If needed." I said.

"Oh thanks! Really." Kelly said.

"Yeah." I replied.

We reached my house about twenty minutes later. Mariana pulled up in front of the house so she didn't have to back out. All I had to do was walk up the sidewalk that led out our house.

"Whoa, your house is gorgeous. So pretty." Kelly said in awe.

"Thank you. Do you two want to come inside?" I smiled at her.

"Girlie, I would but I'm ready to sleep." Mariana said while yawning.

"She's my ride, so, yeah." Kelly said.

She was still staring at my house.

"That's all you do." I rolled my eyes playfully at her. 

"I know, I know. I sleep too much, leave me alone." She said with a straight face, causing me to laid at her.

"Okay guys, I'll see you tomorrow then." I said while sliding out and closing the door behind me. 

"Okay." They replied in unison.

I walked away from the car and headed up the sidewalk that led to my front door. I unlocked it and went inside.

"Maria! I'm home!" I called out.

I went into the living room and put my bag onto the couch. I went into the kitchen to see Maria standing by the island carefully watching who I'm guessing is the locksmith.

The last three times we got locked out of the garage door, it was the same locksmith, so I was surprised to see it was a different one. 

"Excuse me, what company are you from?" I asked the unfamiliar man.

The locksmith turned around.

"Pop-Your-Lock, why do you ask?" He curiously replied.

"I just wanted to know what company you're from so I can rate you on google." I said while lying of course.

He nodded and turned back around.

I headed over to Maria and gave her a quick hug before opening the freezer and grabbing a hot pocket.

"How was school?" She asked.

I shrugged and put the hot pocket into the microwave.

"Its was okay. Mariana's friend Kelly said she liked my house." I said.

She looked at me and laughed.

"That was random."

I shot her a smile.

"I didn't know what else to say." I said.

She shook her head.

"Oh come on, chica. What are your classes?"

"Um, Pre-Calc, then AP Chemistry, then U.S. History, then English Eleven, then Psycology." I said with my left eye squinted, trying to remember my classes in order.

"Oh chica, that's great! Are you taking any senior classes?"

"Yeah, Pre-Calc and AP Chemistry."

"That's great. You are so smart." She said with a huge smile.

I loved when people called me smart.

"Thanks, Maria. I'll be in my room if needed."

"Alright." She replied while looking at the locksmith.

I grabbed my now finished hot pocket and put it on a paper towel. I grabbed a paper towel and headed out of the kitchen.

-  -  -  -
Chapter Eight.