thirty eight

Not edited

Kelly | Bleachers

I was so confused.

I was watching as Ella and Blake spoke.

They're so cute together. I wonder if they're dating.

I don't think so. Ella would've told me, right?

Blake stormed away from Ella with a paper in his hand and went up to Chris, another football player.

By now, all of the players had their attention on Blake and Chris as Ella stood back as if she was thinking to herself.

Blake held Chris by the hem of his shirt, making Chris look like he was about to crap his pants.

I slowly came down the steps and headed towards Ella on the field who then went up to Blake, so I stopped by the fence and looked on. Coach went up to Blake and shouted something that made no difference because Blake still pulled his fist back and punched Chris in his face.

Damn.

I watched as Coach shouted something to Blake causing him to smirk and walk backwards after saying something. He walked ahead of Ella causing her to have to run to catch up to him. They were closer to where I was so I could hear everything.

"What in the name of Jesus was that!?" Ella exclaimed.

"What was what." Blake said, nonchalantly.

"Blake, I'm being serious here." Ella spoke while she stopped walking and stood there with her arms folded.

Blake stopped and turned around, going back to her.

"You want to know what that was? That was what happens when someone messes with what's mine." He said, angrily.

Since when did Ella become his? This brings me back to my question of are they dating yet.

"Blake, I'm not yours." Ella said, softly.

"Oh yeah? Says who." Blake said, stepping closer to Ella.

"Says me." Ella said, stepping back. "I have no clue what we are Blake. I think we need to know what we both want first then-" Ella began but Blake cut her off.

"I know exactly what I want Grace."

I feel like a stalker.

Or someone whose reading a cliched book or watching a cliched movie.

"Okay, well don't you think we need to discuss if we want anyone else to know about us?"

"Look around you Ella, I just punched someone for you Ella. Half of the players are still looking over here at us. Everyone will know about us before the day is even over."

Ella looked around and her before her shoulders shrunk.

"Oh crap, this is a lot of attention." She said, nervously.

"It's okay, let's just leave." Blake said.

"Okay but I have to take Kelly home." Ella said.

"What're you doing after school tomorrow?" Blake asked.

"Kelly and I are hanging out. Why?" Ella asked.

"I wanted to take you somewhere." Blake said, tossing his helmet in the air.

"Oh. What about Wednesday? It's a teacher workday anyways." Ella suggested.

"That works." Blake said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.