Chapter 2

The next day I walked into the stable and saw Damon petting Nightmare I quietly made my way over to Nightmare's stall.

"I'm surprised he hasn't tried to bite you." I said. 

"Why did you name your horse Nightmare?" Damon asked. 

"I named him Nightmare because of his attitude sometimes he likes to behave and other times he doesn't." 

I led Nightmare out of his stall and brushed him Damon stood there and watched me groom my horse. 

"You were the talk at dinner last night and I would like to apologize for what my father's men were whispering." Damon said. 

"I heard a few of the guards whispering if you were going to sleep with me and I also heard a few other guards whispering if I am good in bed I have never been with a man or slept with one." I explained.

When I was finished grooming Nightmare, I put him back into his stall I fed him a few treats and gave Nightmare water and feed. 

"Elena are you free later?" 

"Yes why?" 

"I was wondering if you were ready to tell me who you really are." Damon said. 

"Come to my chamber when everyone is asleep and make sure your alone." I replied.

"I'll be there after midnight and please leave your door unlocked." 

"I promise to leave my door unlocked." 

I watched Damon leave the stable I petted Nightmare and left the stable I walked back to the castle the snow was crunched under my boots and the wind was starting to pick up I walked inside the castle and walked upstairs to my room I opened the door and stepped into my bedroom I closed the door behind me. I walked over to my private reading area I grabbed a book off the shelf and sat down in the comfy leather chair I spent the rest of the afternoon reading later on that evening I was sitting in my dining room eating dinner when Esrufunn came into the dining room.

"Lady Elena, Queen Alexandria would like to speak with you." Esrufunn said nervously. 

"I will speak with Queen Alexandria." I replied. 

Esrufunn cleared my dishes I left the dining room Queen Alexandria was sitting in the chair near the fire place I bowed respectfully.

"You asked to speak with me your Majesty." 

"How are you enjoying your stay?" 

"It's very nice and thank you very much for letting me stay." I said.

"If you would like more books to read you are more than welcome to visit the library here in the castle." Queen Alexandria explained.

Queen Alexandria left my bed room I got ready for bed I was sitting by the fireplace reading while I waiting for Damon, I was starting to feel nervous about telling him who I really am I heard my bedroom door open and saw Damon walk over to me I closed the book I was reading. Damon sat down in the other comfy black leather winged back chair I placed another log on the fire. 

"Your mother visited me earlier." 

"I know she told me."

"Why do you want to know about me so bad?" I asked suspiciously.

"I want to get to know you because I have a feeling that you are hiding something." Damon explained. 

I stared into the fire and let a comfortable silence pass over us I could feel Damon's eyes on me I felt really nervous about telling Damon anything about me.