Chapter 19

Katherine and I were outside well before sunrise I decided to teach her how to use a bow and arrow first Katherine struggled at first but she soon got the hang of how to use her bow and arrow I was very proud of her. I taught Katherine how to use a sword and knife I gave her the sword and knife that my father gave me when I was Katherine's age, I spotted Damon walking towards us. 

"Daddy, mommy gave me her first sword and knife." Katherine said. 

"I'm proud of you sweetie." Damon replied proudly. 

Damon walked over to me and kissed me he picked Katherine up and kissed her cheek we walked back inside the mansion Damon, Katherine, and I walked into the sitting room and sat down on the couch Katherine was playing with her toys Damon held my hand.

"I love you." 

"I love you, too." 

Katherine walked over to me rubbing her eyes I picked her up and sat Katherine on my lap she laid her head on my chest and fell asleep Damon took Katherine upstairs to her room he came back into the sitting room and joined me on the couch. 

"Lydia what are your thoughts on marriage?" Damon asked. 

"I would love to get married because I finally found the one." I said. 

"You'd marry me even though I am a Fae?" 

"Yes, because Fae or mortal I would still marry you because you love and care about me very much Cameron never did, he only cared about himself." 

"If you become pregnant one day I wish for a girl because my father said girls are useless." Damon said. 

I snuggled up beside Damon he wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on his chest he kissed my forehead. 

"Katherine reminds me a lot like you."

"How?" 

"She's tough for her age she's brave and strong as well Katherine survived living in the Slums kids her age are not that lucky." He explained. 

"I see a lot of myself in Katherine, I was tough, brave, and strong when I was her age, I'm also stubborn as well." I said. 

Damon gave me a tour of the mansion he took me by the hand and led me into the library it was bigger than the library at the castle Damon showed me around the library I pushed him up against the wall and kissed him passionately I felt him wrap his arms around my waist our breathing was ragged. 

"Wait baby." 

Damon took me by the hand and led me into a reading room he closed the door behind us and locked it I went back to kissing him passionately I unbuttoned his tunic and slid it down his shoulders I buttoned and unzipped his pants and slid them down I kissed down his body and knelt down in front of him I heard him moan softly and felt his fingers knot in my hair. A few hours later Damon and I were laying on the couch trying to catch our breath we got up off the couch and put our clothes back on Damon and I left the library. 

"I think we should have dinner in the dining room." Damon suggested. 

"Sounds like a lovely idea." I said.

Katherine came running down the hallway towards Damon and I she looked scared to death Katherine ran to me I picked her up and comforted her. 

"Katherine what's the matter?" 

"I got lost trying to find you and daddy and I found Cameron and he scared me." 

"Katherine, your safe now your mother and I won't let anything happen to you I promise." Damon said.

"Damon where is Cameron?" I asked. 

"He's in the dungeon." 

I handed Katherine to Damon and headed for the dungeon I opened the door and walked down into the dungeon and located Cameron's cell." 

"Shouldn't you be with your Fae lover spreading your legs for him?" Cameron spat. 

"Cameron what I do with Damon is none of your damn business." I said acidly.

"What do you want then?" 

"Why did you scare the shit out of my daughter." 

"Katherine is not your daughter she's mine I slept with a girl from the Slums and got her pregnant she told me that she was pregnant I told her that I didn't want anything to do with her or the kid I didn't know if she kept it or not." Cameron explained. 

"Now you want her back?" I asked. 

"No, I don't want her back because I made the right choice by not being in her life, she's better off with you and your Fae lover because you too care about her." 

I left the dungeon and joined Damon and Katherine in the dining room I sat down at the table after dinner Damon, Katherine, and I were sitting in the sitting room Katherine was sitting on the floor playing I laid my head on Damon's shoulder he wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on Damon's chest he kissed my forehead. 

"Mommy I'm sleepy." Katherine said. 

I took Katherine upstairs to her room and got her ready for bed Katherine climbed into bed I covered her up and kissed her forehead I handed her, her doll and blew out the candle I left Katherine's room I walked up the hall and walked into mine and Damon's room I walked into the bathing chamber. When I came out of the bathing chamber, I climbed into bed Damon came into the room and walked into the bathing chamber when he came out of the bathing chamber Damon climbed into bed, I blew out the candle. 

"Damon did you know Cameron is Katherine's father?"

"No, I had no idea Katherine is Cameron's daughter." 

"Cameron told me that he slept with a girl from the Slums she became pregnant and she told Cameron he told her that he didn't want anything to do with her or the baby Cameron said that Katherine is better off with us because we love and care about her." I explained. 

"I love Katherine as if she were my own daughter, she means the world to me." Damon said.

I rolled over Damon snuggled up behind me and draped his arm across me we fell asleep.