Chapter 16

Damon hasn't been sleeping and I am getting worried about him Damon got angry at Katherine for being too loud while playing with her toys he got angry at me for reading a book Damon came into our room Katherine got up off the floor and ran to me when she saw her father, I picked her up and held her. 

"Why is Katherine in our room?" Damon demanded. 

"In case you've forgotten Katherine is our daughter and she's aloud in here and now she's scared of you because of the way you're acting sadly I'm scared of you as well because you haven't been sleeping and you won't tell me what's wrong." I said angrily. 

I left mine and Damon's room I took Katherine next door to her room I sat down on the edge of the bed and sat her on my lap she looked at me and smiled I kissed her cheek Katherine climbed off my lap and played with her toys. I left Katherine's room and walked back into mine and Damon's room he was sound asleep on the couch I let him sleep I sat down in the arm chair and read quietly Katherine and I ate lunch in our private dining room. After lunch I took Katherine to her room and put her down for a nap I was walking back to mine and Damon's room when Samantha walked over to me. 

"Lydia your friend is in labor and the midwife would like some help." 

"I will help the midwife my mother was a midwife and she taught me." 

I followed Samantha to the birthing chamber inside of the infirmary Hondedea looked frightened I walked over to my best friend's bed side and held her hand. 

"Hondedea, you will be just fine I promise." I said. 

I helped the midwife deliver Hondedea's  baby girl she was healthy I gently laid the baby in her arms Hondedea looked at her daughter and cried.

"Lydia, The King did this to me because I refused to tell him where you were." Hondedea explained. 

"I am so sorry this happened to you this is all of my fault." I said somberly. 

"Lydia please don't blame yourself because none of this is your fault and I am not blaming you for any of this." 

"Are you still going to marry the Nobleman's son?" 

"I'm afraid not there was never a Nobleman's son it was a trap set up by The King but the Captain of the Guard seems to like me a lot." Hondedea said blushing. 

When I returned to mine and Damon's room, I walked into our bedroom Damon was laying on the bed I walked into the bathing chamber to freshen up when I came out of the bathing chamber, I joined Damon on the bed.

"How's Hondedea?" 

"Hondedea is fine she just gave birth to a healthy baby girl and it seems the Captain of the Guard has taken a liking to her."

"Lydia, I am really sorry about my behavior." Damon said regretfully. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"I am putting my foot down and giving up the throne I want a normal life with you and Katherine I'm so stressed out about becoming King that I can't sleep or make love to you." 

"I respect your choice because I don't want you stressed out." 

Damon left our room I climbed off the bed and left mine and Damon's room I walked into Katherine's room she was sitting on the floor playing I walked over to Katherine and joined her on the floor I was playing with Katherine she looked upset.

"Katherine's what's the matter?" I asked concerned. 

"I miss daddy." Katherine said somberly.

I rose to my feet Katherine looked at me and cried I picked her up Katherine laid her head on my shoulder I gently rubbed her back Damon came into the room and walked over to me I handed Katherine to him we took her back to our room. Katherine, Damon, and I ate dinner in our private dining room later on that night I was lounging on the couch reading Damon joined me on the couch I sat my book on the table. 

"I talked to my mother and explained to her why I wasn't becoming King." 

"What did your mother say when you explained why you weren't becoming King?" 

"My mother said that my wellbeing and my family's wellbeing comes first." Damon said. 

"Do you still feel stressed?" I asked. 

"No, I don't feel stressed anymore I feel calm." He replied. 

I leaned over and gave Damon a passionate good-night kiss I got up off the couch and walked into mine and Damon's room I climbed into bed he came into the room and climbed into bed I blew out the candle. Damon kissed me passionately he moved his lips to my neck and kissed the sweet spot on my neck causing me to moan my nightgown and his pants were laying on the floor Damon and I made passionate love all night.