Chapter26

A few weeks later Damon and I walked down to the infirmary for a follow up we walked inside the infirmary I laid down on the table and let the doctor examine me.

"You're having a baby girl she sounds healthy your due around Festival of Ghosts." the doctor said. 

"Thank you, doctor." I replied.

Damon helped me down from the table we left the infirmary he couldn't stop smiling I kissed Damon's cheek he held my hand and interlaced our fingers.

"I want to tell Katherine that she is going to be a big sister."

"Katherine will be so happy when we tell her."

"Damon, I feel like all this tension between you and your mother is my fault because I don't want to follow Royal customs." I explained.

"None of the tension between my mother and I is your fault you were thrown into Royal customs when we first met you didn't ask to fall in love with a Fae Prince." Damon explained. 

Damon and I walked upstairs we walked into Katherine's room she was sitting on the floor playing Damon and I sat down on Katherine's bed.

"Katherine can your father and I talk to you for a minute?" 

"Yes." 

"Katherine, how do you feel about being a big sister?" Damon asked.

"I would love to be a big sister." Katherine said. 

"You're going to have a baby sister." 

Katherine looked at me and smiled I smiled back at her she went back to playing Damon and I left Katherine's room we walked into the sitting room and sat down on the couch. 

"Babe, should we let the baby sleep in our room or should we let the baby have her own room?" I asked. 

"We can let our daughter sleep in our room until she is old enough to have her own room." He said. 

"Sounds good to me."

"Lydia, I am really sorry for forcing you to change who you are to be with me I like you just the way you are I want you too just be yourself." Damon explained. 

"You miss my sassy attitude and you miss me complaining about having to wear dresses and gowns." I said. 

"Of course, I miss that I love your sassy attitude and I love it when you complain about wearing dresses and gowns." 

Katherine came into the sitting room and climbed onto Damon's lap she kissed his cheek and hugged him. 

"Daddy, can we invite King Jackson, Queen Sierra, Prince Amarill, and Prince Wesley Sorord over for dinner tomorrow night?" Katherine asked.

"I will send an invitation to the Sorord's right now." Damon said.

Damon left the sitting room Katherine sat next to me she was looking at the ring on my finger. 

"Mommy what's the ring on your finger?" 

"It's my engagement ring your father asked me to marry him." 

"Does that mean that you and daddy will adopt me?" She asked. 

"Of course, your father and I will adopt you I promise." I replied.

Katherine and I walked downstairs to the dining room we walked into the dining room and sat down at the table Damon came into the dining room and joined us at the table we ate chicken noodle soup for lunch. 

"I've sent an invitation to the Sorord's asking them to join us for dinner tomorrow night." 

"Thank you, daddy."

"You're welcome, sweetie." Damon said. 

After lunch Damon and I took Katherine outside to feed Chossa she pets her dragon and trained Chossa. 

"Katherine, it looks like Chossa is trying to fly."

"Can I let her try to fly?" 

"Yes, you can let Chossa fly she'll have to learn sooner or later how to use her wings." I explained.

"Katherine be careful when you ride Chossa and when you take her hunting." 

"Daddy, I'll be fine I promise."

Katherine helped Chossa use her wings she started to fly Katherine smiled proudly as she watched Chossa fly when Chossa landed Katherine ran over to her dragon and hugged her Katherine gave Chossa a treat Damon, Katherine, and I walked back inside the mansion we removed our cloaks and hung them up.

"Mommy can you read to me?" Katherine asked. 

"Of course, I'll read to you." I said.

Damon, Katherine, and I walked into the sitting room and sat down on the couch Katherine grabbed a book off the table and handed it to me I picked Katherine up and sat her on my lap. I taught Katherine how to read she caught on very well I helped her sound out each word and Katherine soon figured out the words.

"Can I try reading the book on my own?" Katherine asked. 

"Yes, you can try reading it on your own." I said.

Katherine read the book out loud to Damon and I when she was finished reading, we applauded her and smiled proudly Katherine looked at us and smiled. 

"Your mother and I are very proud of you sweetheart." Damon said beaming.

"Thank you, daddy." Katherine replied.

Katherine, Damon, and I walked downstairs to the dining room and sat down at the table after dinner I took Katherine outside to feed Chossa her dinner we walked back inside the mansion.

"Mommy can we have dessert?" 

"I don't see why not." 

Katherine and I walked into the dining room Damon was cutting into a pie. 

"It seems your father had the same idea about dessert." I said.

"I think so too." Katherine giggled.

Katherine and I sat down at the dining room table Damon served us pie we ate blueberry pie when we were finished eating our pie Katherine was starting to get tired Damon and I took Katherine upstairs and got her ready for bed. Damon and I tucked Katherine into bed I kissed her cheek and handed Katherine her doll and blew out the candle Damon and I left Katherine's room we walked up the hall and walked into our room and got ready for bed Damon and I climbed into bed he blew out the candle we went to sleep.