Chapter 15

The next morning Damon and I were summoned by the Queen we walked into the Royal Family's private sitting room Damon and I sat down on the couch.

"Damon have you really thought your choice over?" Queen Alexandria asked. 

"I have thought my choice over and I want to live a normal life with Lydia and Katherine." Damon explained. 

"Your Majesty, I was a little shocked when Damon told me that he was giving up being a Prince I have nothing to offer Damon or Katherine I'm just a poor peasant village girl I have nowhere else to go I have no job and what money I do have is what my parents saved up for me." 

"Lydia, I will provide for us and I will look after you and Katherine, I promise." 

Damon held my hand and interlaced our fingers he kissed the back of my hand I looked at him and smiled. 

"Damon are you sure that you want to do this?" I asked. 

"I am very sure that I want to do this because I don't want to be like my father." Damon explained. 

"Damon, I can assure you that you are nothing like your father because you are willing to give up being a Royal for the woman that you love your father was selfish, he only thought of himself you don't only think of yourself if it wasn't for you, Lydia would be out on the streets and so would Katherine." 

"Mom, I changed my mind I would like to stay a Royal because this Kingdom needs me." 

Damon and I went back to our room Katherine ran over to us I picked her up and kissed her cheek. 

"Daddy, grandmom wants me to have my own room." Katherine said. 

"My mom is right you should have your own room." Damon replied. 

Damon and I moved Katherine into the room next door to his old room Damon helped me move my belongings into his room I was sitting on the couch Damon sat beside me. 

"Damon, I love you." 

"I love you too, Lydia."

I snuggled up beside him he wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on Damon's chest I gazed up at him and smiled later on that night I was tucking Katherine into bed I sat down on the edge of the bed and read her a bed time story after Katherine was asleep, I left her room. I walked into mine and Damon's room I climbed into bed with Damon and feel asleep I went to snuggle up beside Damon his side of the bed was cold. I got up out of bed and slipped on a silk robe I noticed the french doors to Damon's balcony were ajar I opened the french doors and found Damon standing on the balcony looking up at the night sky I stepped out onto the balcony and joined him. 

"Lydia go back to sleep." Damon said. 

"I got worried when I didn't feel you in bed and felt your side of the bed was cold." I explained. 

"I'm fine." 

"I can tell that you're not fine."

"I need some time to myself right now." He explained. 

I kissed Damon's cheek and walked back into the bedroom I removed my silk robe and climbed back into bed and went back to sleep.