Chapter 40

Damon and I were working in his study I could tell that Damon was nervous about ruling the Kingdom because he has to right all the wrongs that his father made over the years. 

"Damon, I think we should take a break we've been working since sunrise." 

"I am very great-full for your help my love." 

"I'm not going to let you face this alone we will fix the Kingdom together." I said. 

"I could really use your calming treatment." Damon replied with a smile in his voice.

When Damon and I were finished signing the new laws to replace his father's laws Damon and I left his study we walked into our room I led Damon into the bathing chamber I ran water in the bathtub and added lavender and jasmine bubble bath to the water. Damon climbed into the tub I gently massaged his shoulders I softly kissed his neck and nuzzled his neck I playfully nibbled his pointy ear. I slid my hands down his chest and slid my hands down his stomach until I reached my target, I heard his breathing hitch a little. 

"Easy love and just relax." I said softly. 

"Please join me." Damon replied huskily. 

I removed my clothes and joined Damon in the tub and shut off the water he gently pulled me onto his lap. 

"You're very beautiful." 

"Your very handsome." 

Damon gave me a passionate kiss it was the type of kiss that went down to your toes and made your knees weak his tongue was asking for entrance I let him in our tongues were dancing a forbidden dance and fighting for dominance our breathing was ragged.

"Damon, how are we going to stop sneaking off to make love?" I asked. 

"It's hard for Fae mates to not make love to their mates." Damon said. 

"I'm a turn on for you?" 

"Yes, my love you are a huge turn on for me there isn't a time of day where I'm not craving for you." 

Damon removed his fingers and gently slid me onto his lap Damon guided my hips and kissed me we gazed into each other's eyes while we made love Damon and I soon reached our releases together when Damon and I were finished in the bathing chamber we returned to his study and noticed an envelope laying on Damon's desk. Damon sat down at his desk and opened the envelope and read the letter. 

"Who's the letter from?" I asked. 

"King and Queen Sorord send their best wishes for me becoming King." Damon said. 

"You'll be a wonderful King, Damon." 

"I know being King won't be easy but with you by my side we can fix the Kingdom I will have to try to fix our relations with other Fae Kingdoms thanks to my father." 

"I will help you the best way that I can." I said. 

"I'll send a letter to the other Fae Kingdoms and request a visit with them to fix our relations with their Kingdoms." Damon explained. 

While Damon was writing to the Fae Kingdoms, I checked on Kylie she was awake I picked her up and took her to her room. When I was finished dressing Kylie I returned to Damon's study and sat down I gazed down at Kylie and smiled she looked at me and giggled. 

"Is Katherine home yet?" 

"No not yet." 

"Lydia, can you sign the bottom of the letters as well since you'll be Queen?'" Damon asked. 

"Yes, of course I'll sign the bottom of the letters." I said. 

I handed Kylie to Damon, he handed me his pen and I signed my name underneath Damon's name I put the letters into their correct envelopes and sealed them. 

"I have so much to learn about being your mate." 

"It's all new to me as well." 

"How do you know so much about Fae mates if this is all new to you?" I asked. 

"I read about Fae mates from books and Fae mates are easily aroused by their mates." Damon explained. 

"I'm always aroused by you, I thought I was losing my mind." 

"Baby, you're not losing your mind trust me it's easy for a Fae female to hid that she's aroused it's not easy for a Fae male to hide his arouse." 

Later on, that afternoon I was sitting in the sitting room on the couch reading I looked up from my book and seen Damon walking towards me he joined me on the couch.

"Damon, will we have to move back to the castle?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so my love and the guards that killed your parents have been put to death by orders from me." Damon said. 

"I'm really going to miss living here." 

"I know baby me too a lot of memories were made here." 

I closed my book and sat it on the table I laid my head on Damon's shoulder he wrapped his arm around me I kissed his cheek. 

"Babe, I would like to use the cottage where I was born and raised as a week-end retreat with no royal duties the whole week-end just family time." I explained. 

"That's a wonderful idea." Damon said. 

Kylie woke up crying Damon got up off the couch and picked her up out of her bassinet he sat back down on the couch she gazed up at her father and stopped crying.

"Babe, try talking to her."

Damon was talking to Kylie, she looked at him and giggled I looked at them and smiled Damon kissed Kylie's forehead. Later on, that night Damon and I got Kylie ready for bed we decided to let Kylie sleep in her own room I watched as Damon fed her, her bottle and rocked Kylie to sleep after Kylie was asleep Damon and I retired to our room and got ready for bed. Victoria came into the room and handed Damon several envelopes she left the room Damon and I sat down on the couch he opened the envelopes and read each letter he looked please with what he was reading. 

"Is it good news?" I asked. 

"It's very good news my sweet." Damon said. 

"You heard back from the Fae Kingdoms?" 

"Yes, and they want to meet with us to discuss fixing the strained relations the Fae Kings don't want a bribe or peace offering they just want to talk to us in the Kingdom of Usommapia it's the home of King Lamevas Longfallow. The other Kings will be there as well Katherine and Kylie will have to go with us, we will be leaving in a month." 

Damon left the room I climbed into bed and waited for him Damon came into the room and climbed into bed. 

"I'm sorry that we missed the Festival of Ghosts." Damon said. 

"It's okay, babe we can go next year." I replied. 

I blew out the candle Damon and I went to sleep for the last time in the mansion.