Chapter 39

The next morning, I made my way down to the infirmary I walked inside the infirmary I was greeted by doctor Alice. 

"Doctor Alice, how is Katherine?" 

"Lady Lydia, Katherine is fine she can leave the infirmary today I kept her overnight to make sure that she didn't go into shock."

"I'm glad she's okay." I said relieved. 

"I'll tell her that you came to check on her when she wakes up." doctor Alice replied.

I left the infirmary and walked upstairs I entered Damon's study he was sitting behind his desk working I closed the door behind me and sat down.

"I spoke with doctor Alice and Katherine is fine." 

"I'm glad Katherine is okay I was worried about her." 

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"I'm working on plans for the Slums to make it better for the people that live there." Damon explained. 

Damon showed me the plans he had written down so far, I liked his plans very much. 

"Our ideas for the Slums should help them but we should let the people that live there hear our plans and see what they have to say." 

"I agree my love." 

"I feel like such a fool because I thought your mother actually liked me, I feel so stupid for believing anything she told me." I said.

"My mother played us all but I wasn't leaving you for a Fae Princess my mother wasn't happy when we told her that we did the bonding of our blood." Damon explained. 

The door to Damon's study opened Katherine came into the room and sat down she looked at little nervous I reached over and held her hand.

"Dad, do you hate me for what happened?" 

"Katherine, I don't hate you sweetheart you did what you had to protect our family." 

"Katherine, your father is right." I said. 

"I'm going to see Prince Wesley he's sending a carriage for me." Katherine replied. 

"Have fun and be safe." 

"I will dad." 

Katherine left Damon's study and closed the door behind her I finished helping Damon work on his plans for the Slums I looked over at Kylie's bassinet she was awake I looked down at her and smiled she looked up at me and smiled.

"Hi. princess." I said. 

I picked Kylie up and held her I kissed her forehead and made her giggle Kylie wrapped her hand around my finger Damon looked at us and smiled. 

"Kylie looks like her daddy." 

"She looks like both of us." 

Damon handed me Kylie's rattle I was playing with Kylie she was giggling I kissed her cheek. 

"Babe, would you like to spend time with Kylie?" I asked. 

"Yes, because I need a break from working." Damon said. 

Damon and I left his study and walked into the sitting room I gently laid Kylie down on the carpet we sat down on the carpet and played with Kylie she looked at Damon and smiled he smiled back at her. 

"I have a feeling it's just going to be us tonight."

"Why?" 

"I have a feeling that Katherine is going to spend the night with Wesley." He said. 

"Babe, they are only seventeen I don't think they are going to have sex." I explained. 

"In the Fae world once a female gets her period for the first time, she can have sex." 

"I really have a lot to learn about the Fae world." 

Kylie was starting to get fussy I let Damon feed Kylie and change her diaper Damon put Kylie down for a nap we had lunch in our private dining room after lunch Damon and I relaxed on the couch I placed my hand on his knee. 

"Damon, are we attending Festival of Ghosts tomorrow?" I asked. 

"Yes, of course I wouldn't miss it for the world." Damon said. 

I laid my head on his shoulder Damon wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on his chest he kissed my forehead I fell asleep later on that night I walked downstairs and walked into the main sitting room Damon was sitting in the arm chair with a glass in his hand I closed the french doors behind me I walked over to Damon and sat on his lap. 

"Everything okay?" 

"I'm fine now that your here." 

When Damon was finished his drink, he sat the empty glass on the table I nuzzled his neck and playfully nibbled his ear. 

"I want you, Damon." I purred. 

"I want you too, Lydia." Damon said huskily. 

Damon took me off his lap we left the sitting room he took me by the hand and led me to his study we walked inside the study I lit the wall candles Damon closed the door and locked it Damon sat down in the chair and pulled me onto his lap. I kissed Damon as I grounded myself against him Damon untied my silk robe and slid it down my shoulders and caressed my nude body. 

"Sit on my desk baby." 

I climbed off Damon's lap and sat on the edge of his desk I watched him remove his tunic, pants, and boots Damon walked over to me he gave me a passion filled kiss I ran my fingers through his raven black hair.

"My naughty little mate." Damon said. 

"Sit my love." I purred. 

"Easy love." 

"That was amazing my love." 

"Just relax for a little while." Damon said. 

Damon passed me the tonic I drank the vile he kissed me I climbed off Damon's lap and put my silk robe back on when Damon was finished putting his clothes back on, we left his study and retired to our room.