Chapter 12

I was outside in the sparing ring with my bow and quiver of arrows when I heard footsteps approaching, I turned around and seen Damon walking towards me I lowered my bow he looked at me and smiled. 

"Mind if I join you?" Damon asked.

"Yes." I said. 

Damon joined me in the sparring ring with his bow and quiver of arrows I made all of my targets Damon missed every target. 

"What did I do wrong?"

"You're afraid to launch the arrow from the bow you have to use the bow as an extra arm."

After a few tries Damon was able to hit the bull's eye like I did Damon and I grabbed our swords and practiced our sword fighting.

"You're a very good sword fighter." He said. 

"My father taught me when I was young, I am a very good sword fighter than any guy from my village." I explained. 

"Katherine is with my mom." 

Damon and I walked back inside the castle walked up the stone spiral staircase to mine and Damon's room he closed the door behind us I stashed my bow and quiver of arrows in my closet along with my sword I left the dressing room Damon was lounging on the bed I kicked off my boots and joined him on the bed.

"Think we should go freshen up." Damon said with a smile in his voice. 

"I couldn't agree more." I replied.

Damon and I walked into the bathing chamber when we were finished in the bathing chamber Damon and I got dressed and had lunch together in our private dining room after lunch we were standing outside on the balcony Damon wrapped his arms around my waist, I leaned back against him and gazed up at him Damon gazed down at me and kissed me.

"I love you." 

"I love you too," 

Damon and I walked back into our room I closed the french doors behind us he took me by the hand and led me over to our bed Damon sat down on the edge of the bed and gently pulled me onto his lap I felt my cheeks grow warm Damon kissed me softly and gently then the kiss started to get passionate and heated. Several hours later I laid beside Damon, I kissed him and smiled against his lips he kissed me and passed me a vile of tonic I took the tonic and sat the empty vile on the bedside table.

"Are you hungry?" Damon asked. 

"A little." I said.

I got up off the bed and put on a silk nightgown I walked into the private dining room and sat across from Damon, Samantha brought us our dinner Damon looked at me and smiled I felt my cheeks grow warm. 

"Your Highness, Queen Alexandria is on her way up here to bring Lady Katherine back to you and Lady Elena and the Queen is joining you, Lady Elena and Lady Katherine for dinner." 

"Thank you, Samantha, any word about Esrufunn?" 

"Last I heard Esrufunn was in labor but your father isn't with her." Samantha said.

Samantha left my chamber I looked over at Damon he was playing with his food I felt sorry for him. 

"Damon, would you like to talk about it?" I asked. 

"How can my father treat Esrufunn like this he's the one that got her pregnant and now that she's in labor he isn't by her side if that were you that was in labor, I would be by your side no matter what." Damon explained angrily. 

Queen Alexandria came into the dining room with Katherine and joined Damon and I at the table later on that night Damon and I were tucking Katherine into bed I kissed her cheek and blew out the candle Damon and I left Katherine's room we sat down on the couch. 

"Damon, I have this gut feeling that something is going to happen to you while I am out tomorrow with Katherine."

"Lydia nothing is going to happen to me while you are out tomorrow, I promise." 

Damon and I got up off the couch and climbed into bed he blew out the candle we went to sleep.