Chapter 38

Damon and I are in his study drawing up the plans for improvements for the Slums when Fodine came into the study. 

"Prince Damon, your mother is here to see you and Lady Lydia she is waiting for you in the main sitting room." 

"Thank you, Fodine we will be right down."

I picked Kylie up out of her bassinet Damon and I left the study and walked downstairs we walked into the sitting room and greeted Queen Alexandria.

"Your Majesty, come meet your granddaughter, Kylie." I said. 

"Lydia, she's adorable Kylie looks like you and Damon." Queen Alexandria replied.

"Mom, Katherine is not attending the High Tea or lessons to be a proper young lady." 

"Katherine needs to attend so she can find a husband one day if she doesn't attend than Katherine will be sent to an all-girls boarding school." 

"You will not be sending mine and Damon's daughter anywhere Katherine is only your granddaughter you don't have the right to send her anywhere." I said sternly. 

Queen Alexandria looked at Damon for help he didn't defend his mother or tell me off for raising my voice to his mother. 

"Damon Thomas Rodes, you're just going to let that peasant trash speak to your mother like that." Queen Alexandria said somberly. 

"Mother, I knew you never liked Lydia those so-called laws that I sent you weren't laws at all they were forms to let me rule the Kingdom you see mother I knew you were trying to get Lydia out of the picture so you had King Turodaon try to have Lydia as his mistress little did you know that I was on to you. When you found out that Lydia and I were having a fight you got excited because you thought she was going to leave me when you came to my study to talk to me, I knew what you were up to but I wasn't going to let you know that I was on to you." Damon explained angrily. 

"You brain washed my son you peasant bitch!!!!!!!" 

"I did no such thing Damon and I didn't ask to fall in love with each other it just happened." 

Queen Alexandria pulled out a knife out of the sleeve of her gown and pointed it at me Katherine ran into the room and stood frozen when she seen her grandmother pointing a knife at me Damon watched on in horror, I was silently praying no harm would to me or the girls. 

"Mom, stop and leave my family out of this if you harm my family, I will end you where you stand!!" Damon shouted. 

"You don't have the balls to do anything." Queen Alexandria said with a wicked laugh.

I glanced over at Damon and watched him unsheathed his sword Queen Alexandria looked at me with rage filled eyes. 

"You turned my son against me now you must pay the price." 

"Grandmom, don't touch my mother she did nothing wrong if you kill my mother or father, I will end you!!" 

"You will not touch me child now put the knife down like a good girl." She replied in a bored voice. 

Katherine didn't put her knife down she unsheathed her sword and moved slowly toward her grandmother Damon kept his sword pointed at his mother. 

"Your Majesty, please don't hurt me I have two daughters that need me and Damon would never forgive you if you kill me, please let me go I don't want to die." I begged. 

"If I let you go leave and never return." Queen Alexandria said sternly. 

"It's a deal." 

Queen Alexandria lowered her knife I got up off the couch I walked over to Kylie's bassinet and picked her up I glanced over at Damon he looked heartbroken I looked at Katherine she was trying not to cry. Damon and I weren't prepared for what happened next Katherine ran up behind the Queen and killed her we watched the Queen's lifeless body fall to the floor Katherine's sword fell to the floor with a clank she fell to her knees and sobbed at what she did I laid Kylie down in her bassinet Damon and I knelt on the floor and comforted Katherine.

"Dad, I didn't have any other choice I had to kill her." Katherine sobbed. 

"Katherine calm down it's alright I was thinking about doing the same thing." Damon said. 

"Mom, I wasn't about to lose you forever I lost one mother I wasn't about to lose another." 

"Katherine, you wouldn't have lost me forever I would have found a way to return." 

I walked Katherine to the infirmary so she could get checked out to make sure Katherine wasn't going into shock she decided to stay overnight in the infirmary I left the infirmary and went searching for Damon he was sitting at his desk. I stepped inside his study and closed the door I walked over to Damon and kissed him. 

"How's Katherine?" Damon asked worried.

"She's going to spend the night in the infirmary so the doctor can keep watch." I said. 

"Why were you so willing to leave?" 

"I wasn't going to leave forever I was going to come back and confront your mother when she was alone. Do you hate me for what happened?" I asked somberly. 

"I don't hate or blame you for what happened none of this was your fault and the main sitting room is being cleaned I explained to Victoria what happened." Damon explained. 

"Where's Kylie?" 

"Kylie is in our room safe and sound." 

Damon gently sat me on his lap he nuzzled my neck we heard Kylie crying I got up off Damon's lap and left his study I walked into mine and Damon's room and picked Kylie up I gently rocked her in my arms and kissed her forehead. 

"It's okay princess, mommy's here." I said soothingly. 

Damon came into the room and handed me a bottle I fed the bottle to Kylie, I sat down on the couch Damon sat beside me he kissed Kylie's forehead when I was finished feeding Kylie, Damon was holding her she gazed up at him and smiled he smiled back at Kylie and kissed her forehead. Later on, that night Damon and I got ready for bed and climbed into bed Damon blew out the candle we went to sleep.