Chapter 20

When I woke up Katherine was sound asleep in mine and Damon's bed, I looked over at Damon's side of the bed it was empty I got up out of bed and walked into our private dining room Damon looked at me and smiled I smiled back and joined him at the table.

"Cameron was put to death this morning by orders from my mother." 

"When did Katherine climb into bed with us?" 

"Katherine climbed into our bed sometime during the night." Damon said.

"Babe, I think we should invite your mother over." I replied. 

"My mother is on her way over." 

Katherine came into the dining room she sat down at the table I poured her a cup of tea Damon sat Katherine's bowl of porridge in front of her after breakfast I was in Katherine's room helping her get dressed when Damon came into the room.

"My mother is waiting for us in the sitting room." Damon said. 

When I was finished getting Katherine dressed, she ran out of her room I looked at Damon and smiled we left the room and walked into the sitting room Katherine was sitting on her grandmother's lap Queen Alexandria looked at Damon and I and smiled we sat down on the couch.

"It's lovely to see you again your Majesty." 

"It's lovely to see you three again as well." 

"I miss you grandmom." Katherine said somberly. 

"I miss you too, Katherine." The Queen replied. 

"Mom why don't you and Katherine spend the day together." 

"What a good idea."

Katherine and The Queen left the sitting room I got up off the couch and left the sitting room I walked downstairs and put on my heavy cloak and left the mansion I walked down to the stables I walked inside the stables and walked over to Nightmare's stall I petted him and gave him an apple I gave Nightmare food and water I left the stables. I took a walk around the grounds as I was walking, I heard footsteps running behind me I turned around and seen Damon running towards me. 

"Damon what's the matter?" I asked. 

"Nothing's wrong I wanted to join you." Damon said. 

"If we have children, wouldn't they be in line for the throne?" 

"No, our children won't be in line for the throne because I turned down becoming king." 

Damon and I took a walk around the grounds he held my hand and interlaced our fingers. 

"Damon why did you really say no to becoming King?" I asked. 

"The real reason I said no to becoming King was because I could never marry you because you're not of royal blood I want to marry you no matter what and I grew tired of being a royal I wanted to live a normal life with you and Katherine." Damon explained. 

"You gave up the throne for me?"

"Of course, I wasn't letting go of you because I love you very much."

The wind was starting to pick up Damon and I walked back to the mansion we walked back inside the mansion and hung up our cloaks Damon and I walked upstairs to our room and walked inside our bedroom Hailea came into the room carrying a tray of hot coco. Damon and I sat down on the couch and sipped our hot coco a few minutes later Katherine came into mine and Damon's room carrying a baby dragon she walked over to Damon and I. 

"Mommy look what I found." Katherine said happily. 

"It's beautiful sweetie." I replied. 

"Don't you think the baby dragon will miss its mother?" 

"She doesn't have a mommy I couldn't leave her."

Katherine held the baby dragon close to her and kissed its head she walked over to Damon and showed him the baby dragon. 

"Katherine, you can keep the baby dragon but if her mother comes give her back." Damon said. 

"I promise daddy and grandmom is trying to find the baby dragons mother." Katherine explained. 

"Katherine we'll check the library later to find out what type of dragon you have." 

Queen Alexandria came into mine and Damon's room she sat down in the arm chair. 

"Your Majesty would you like to stay for dinner?" 

"Yes, thank you." 

Katherine sat down on the floor and played with the baby dragon I looked over at Katherine and smiled as Katherine played with the dragon. 

"Mom did you find the dragons mother?" Damon asked. 

"No, I didn't find the dragons mother I believe her mother left her for death." Queen Alexandria said. 

After dinner I took Katherine downstairs to the library we walked into the library and searched for books on dragons I found a book on different types of dragons Katherine and I looked through the book she pointed to a picture of a dragon. 

"Mommy here's my dragon." 

"You have a fire breathing dragon." 

"Can I still keep her?" She asked. 

"Of course, you can still keep her." I said.

I closed the book and put it back on the shelf Katherine and I left the library we joined Damon and The Queen in the sitting room I sat down on the couch beside Damon. 

"Katherine tell daddy and grandmom about your dragon." 

"I have a fire breathing dragon." 

"She can stay inside for now but when she gets bigger, she'll have to stay outside." Damon said. 

"Katherine what are you going to name your dragon?" The Queen asked. 

"I'm not sure grandma." 

Katherine was starting to get tired I took Katherine upstairs to her room we walked inside the bathing chamber I gave Katherine a bath when we came out of the bathing chamber, I helped Katherine put on her night gown and combed her hair. Katherine climbed into bed I covered her up and kissed her cheek I gave Katherine her doll and blew out the candle. I left Katherine's room and walked up the hall to mine and Damon's room I walked into the room and got ready for bed I climbed into bed and kissed Damon I snuggled up beside him. 

"Katherine seems to love her dragon." Damon said. 

"I think so too Katherine is protective of the dragon." I replied. 

Damon kissed me and draped his arm across me he brushed the back of his finger against my cheek I fell asleep.